Hey all,

I was just looking for some candid feedback regarding my application. I am about to apply for the Environmental Health MPH program at Harvard School of Public Health.

I will have almost 5 years of international work experience by the time I would enroll next fall. I worked for the Peace Corps in Africa, taught in Asia and have been doing Agriculture research in Latin America. I graduated from small liberal arts college with a degree in Political Science I received a 3.29 GPA. I took the GRE and got a 161V/ 158M/ 3 AW I know that the writing is egregious but the other two scores should be ok. I do not have a ton of full-time experience doing health-related work. I work in the agriculture sector in Peace Corps and did some health education. I did a lot of nutrition based planning regarding farm preparation. With the exception of teaching my work experience has been tangential to health which makes me somewhat nervous about admissions but I think that I pull together my Ag work nicely with Health in my personal statement. My LORs are very strong and I have advanced proficiency in two foreign languages. What are my chances at admissions for Harvard's MPH program? What do you think that I should do to increase my chances if I would reapply next year? Recap:

GPA: 3.29 small lib arts

GRE: 161V/158M/3AW

5 years work experience; peace corps (agriculture, Africa), teaching private school (English, Asia), research (agriculture, Latin America)

program: Harvard MPH Environmental Health 

Thank you in advance!

• 2 months later...