Audiology Applications Fall 2018

abcSLP.AUD

Hi Everyone,

I’ve read quite a few threads created by SLP majors, figured I’d start one for AuD. In the process of finishing up apps...

How is everyone’s process going? 

Where did you apply?

Anxieties about your app?

Hey there! I’m a senior at the University of Alabama. I’m wrapping up my application process now.. applying to 6 schools being South Alabama, Auburn, East Tennessee state, Memphis, Tennessee, and southern miss! I have pretty low scores overall so i am hoping i will get into at least one... getting very anxious about the whole process. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey y'all! I'm a current AuD student (who also graduated from Alabama, roll tide!!) who just wanted to offer a little encouragement (: Nothing left for you to do now- so spend this semester enjoying the last bit of college you have, focusing on what matters, and gearing up for what will be a difficult program, no matter where you go! If you're looking for anything to occupy yourself and feel productive, consider looking up scholarships you can apply for, or even keeping up with different audiology research articles (I wish I had done this more in undergrad to prepare for the crazy amount you read in grad school!). 

@Gal110 that is extremely encouraging. I find myself freaking out like crazy already and it's only the beggining of the application season. Like you said, there really isn't anything to do but to just sit and wait. Schalorships is a great idea. That will definetely keep me busy, and God knows any scholarship would be a HUGE help. Any website suggestions?

@audioisdaway@go Awesome! I also applied to West Virginia University! I love that they allow every applicant to submit a video. Such a great way for our personalities to shine through! I am also applying to a school that has the $125 CSDCAS fee AND $75 that needed to be submitted straight to them. I can't tell you how many times I have felt like breaking down after spending so much money on applications. Don't be discouraged about your GPA. I've seen so many stories on here of people who still got in based off of their personal statement, resume and experience. I hope schools really do look at the applicant as a whole like they claim. Best of luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i applied to UC, OU, USF, University of Florida, ECU, UNC-Chapel Hill, and Nova Southeastern University.  I just sent all of my applications in and I am very nervous to hear back from all of my schools.  Has anyone applied to either of these schools?

• 3 weeks later...

@YoungAUD Sorry I haven't been back here in a bit! ASHA has a scholarship for seniors that should be opening up soon. You can ask your schools about particular fellowships or graduate student scholarships, as well as just go to Google and try to find things for students starting graduate school or going into health professions.