Question for Fall 2018 Applicants

pinoysoc

What's your Plan B?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What are you planning to do if you don't get in this application season?

• Try again next year.
    • Give up. My life is over.
    • Fix parts of my application.
    • I'll drop everything and travel until I figure out life.

8 minutes ago, latemeg said:

My mother is still holding out for my going to med school as plan B. Lmaooo

That's hilarious! My mom told me I don't need to become an MD. But, I feel like that if I don't get in (again)... I'm going to seriously consider becoming an MD or something. HAHAHAHA

Here's my plan: my last app is due mid-January. I'm gonna take a breather for a week or two, and then I'll start working on getting a manuscript ready to submit for publication. I have stuff I've been sitting on for a while, and I need to just get off my butt and make it happen.

7 hours ago, infovore said:

Here's my plan: my last app is due mid-January. I'm gonna take a breather for a week or two, and then I'll start working on getting a manuscript ready to submit for publication. I have stuff I've been sitting on for a while, and I need to just get off my butt and make it happen.

Sounds like a great plan! I'm planning to update my CV this month because when I applied last month, I uploaded one from October that just reflected a new research experience/job. I'm also in the process of doing two mansucripts: 1 co-authored from a course while I was in my MA program and another from my thesis that I should've finished over the summer (but life happened and I had to adult and get a job that had weird hours!).