crtna

Question

On 12/19/2017 at 10:45 PM, chrissy123 said:

Anyone applying for iSchool for the Fall 2018 term? Couldn't find any active forums so I thought I would start one to discuss applications and whatnot!

Hi there! I'm applying to the iSchool for their Library and Information Science program! What about you?

On 1/2/2018 at 2:17 PM, Stephers96 said:

Hi there! I'm applying to the iSchool for their Library and Information Science program! What about you?

Hey! I'm applying for Library and Information Science as well as Information System Design! When did you submit your app?

On 1/8/2018 at 4:49 PM, KatieWong said:

Hey! I'm applying for Library and Information Science as well as Information System Design! When did you submit your app?

Hey there! Nice to hear that someone else has applied! I Just did this month--it took a while to get everything in, but making the early deadline was a priority for me :) Have you applied yet? 

On 1/12/2018 at 10:36 AM, Stephers96 said:

Hey there! Nice to hear that someone else has applied! I Just did this month--it took a while to get everything in, but making the early deadline was a priority for me :) Have you applied yet? 

I'm still working on my application and will be submitting soon hopefully! I wonder how long it'll take to hear back from admissions. 

On 1/15/2018 at 12:54 AM, KatieWong said:

I'm still working on my application and will be submitting soon hopefully! I wonder how long it'll take to hear back from admissions. 

Nice, best of luck! I believe I read somewhere that they begin sending out acceptances and rejections in early March! Fingers crossed for both of us :D

I'm applying to the PhD program. Haven't heard back yet, but like Stephers96 said and from what I have read about previous years, they seem to send out offers and rejections in March. 

Edited by A2018

I applied to the PhD program but still "under review".  I emailed one of the registrar's early yesterday to try to find out when a decision would be made because I have another offer that I need to respond to by March 15th but have not heard anything back.

So incredibly stressful.  U of T is definitely my first choice.

Hi guys! I also applied for MI program in the iSchool back to the end of Jan, and my status still shows under review on the application portal. I only got an email around the middle of Feb about scholarship winner will be notified on this month, but nothing about admission yet. Does anyone know the estimated date when the result sending out? 

On 3/9/2018 at 11:02 PM, glace said:

Hi guys! I also applied for MI program in the iSchool back to the end of Jan, and my status still shows under review on the application portal. I only got an email around the middle of Feb about scholarship winner will be notified on this month, but nothing about admission yet. Does anyone know the estimated date when the result sending out? 

Hey, I applied mid January and heard back mid February. Maybe try emailing Andrea?? 

On 2/28/2018 at 3:34 PM, displaynamesarehard said:

I applied to the PhD program but still "under review".  I emailed one of the registrar's early yesterday to try to find out when a decision would be made because I have another offer that I need to respond to by March 15th but have not heard anything back.

So incredibly stressful.  U of T is definitely my first choice.

Ahh did you finally hear back from them??

1 hour ago, KatieWong said:

Hey, I applied mid January and heard back mid February. Maybe try emailing Andrea?? 

Thank you for the suggestion, I just sent an email to ask for admission result. Would you mind telling me are you a Canadian or international student?

7 minutes ago, glace said:

Thank you for the suggestion, I just sent an email to ask for admission result. Would you mind telling me are you a Canadian or international student?

I'm a Canadian student!

26 minutes ago, displaynamesarehard said:

The registrar just told me that they haven't made a decision on my application yet.  So stressful! The other school gave me an extension to reply though which is good!

Awesome! That's good to hear :)

I'm just seeing this forum now! I hope you all got acceptances! 

Did any of you apply before the January 31st deadline to be eligible for the scholarships? Has anyone received scholarships/funding yet this year?

3 hours ago, TOLIVE said:

I'm just seeing this forum now! I hope you all got acceptances! 

Did any of you apply before the January 31st deadline to be eligible for the scholarships? Has anyone received scholarships/funding yet this year?

I emailed them about scholarships and they said they're sending out results by the end of March or early April.

8 hours ago, DeSignIn said:

I emailed them about scholarships and they said they're sending out results by the end of March or early April.

Oh great, thanks for letting me know! 

8 hours ago, DeSignIn said:

Anyone thinking of doing UX design? What's your chosen concentration guys!?

I'll be in the Archives & Records Management (and maybe the Critical Information Policy Studies) stream. 

To all of the PhD applicants, something odd is going on.  On the results page I saw that someone said they got an email from the ischool office saying that all offers had been sent out.  However, I got an email about my application today saying that they don't have my results yet and "everything is still under review by the committee".  I'm a bit confused about why they're saying different things to different people.