2018 App Cycle

Hello everyone, long time lurker.

Finishing up my mscj this semester and applied/applying to 7 schools in a mix of crim, soc, and public policy where I can still specialize in crim.

My CU Boulder application was first on Dec. 1st so I'm thinking their decision will be come any time now.

The stress and anxiety is driving me insane, I changed the settings on my aquamail app to push any emails to my student email instantly but even then I keep refreshing it every 5 minutes. 

I also applied to ASU and even though it's only been 2 weeks I keep obsessively checking MyASU and it doesn't help the other schools are Feb 1 deadlines ??

Edited by Mopar18

2 hours ago, Plzacceptme said:

There's nothing posted on mine so far, so maybe there's hope yet. Did you apply there too?

I did not apply there, I just constantly search the results page by "criminal justice" and "criminology" to check out all the decisions that are coming in and saw that this morning ?

Did you end up hearing anything from them?

So far I've heard from Temple, Albany, George Mason, and Rutgers... Still waiting on Cincinnati, ASU, and Maryland. Please, let it end!!!

1 hour ago, Praying18Crim said:

Their decisions came out yesterday morning via email. If you didn't get one i'd give them a call and see what is going on.

Did the email say all of their decisions were out, regardless of acceptance/rejection? Now I'm nervous why I didn't get one either way! I haven't seen anyone posting acceptances on the Results board yet either. 

32 minutes ago, __Anonymous__ said:

Has anyone heard from Cincinnati? I was so sure emails would go out today (since a ton of results were posted on Jan 31 last year) but it seems pretty unlikely now considering it's almost 5 PM there. 

I haven’t heard anything and I applied there too. All of my emails from them go to my Spam so I’ve been checking back and forth in my email. I’ll let you know if I hear anything!

23 hours ago, Tjdehddlf said:

Does anybody who got acceptance from FSU got word on funding? Thanks!

I haven't heard back. To my knowledge, if you're offered an assistantship,  the grad student union has some agreement for there to be a minimum of 14k for .5fte positions. I've also been told a number of current candidates are graduating in May, which will hopefully mean vacancies.

2 hours ago, Jinxstar said:

I haven't heard back. To my knowledge, if you're offered an assistantship,  the grad student union has some agreement for there to be a minimum of 14k for .5fte positions. I've also been told a number of current candidates are graduating in May, which will hopefully mean vacancies.

I see. Yes, hope that means vacancies. I wanted to ask if others got word on funding or not. Should be waiting for it. Thanks for your reply. It helped :)

New user chiming in to say I also got a preview weekend call from Sam Houston, so I'll see you there, Mopar18! I got the call literally a half hour after getting rejected from Albany, so today has been quite the emotional roller coaster. Had a short Skype call with UCF a week ago. Now I'm trying to do something other than sit here trying to somehow predict my chances of admission...

1 hour ago, Action_Heroine said:

New user chiming in to say I also got a preview weekend call from Sam Houston, so I'll see you there, Mopar18! I got the call literally a half hour after getting rejected from Albany, so today has been quite the emotional roller coaster. Had a short Skype call with UCF a week ago. Now I'm trying to do something other than sit here trying to somehow predict my chances of admission...

That's great! Not the Albany news of course but the rest of it.

I was quite honestly really surprised to hear back from Sam so soon. Their deadline just closed 4 days ago but hey, I'll take it.

Did anyone get a call from USF today?

Funding isn't currently on the table, but I'm first on wait list. They've invited me for the preview weekend March 8-10. 

Edited by Jinxstar
Words are hard