"You're My Number 1 School" SOP Avoidance

Alright ya'll. I'm trying so hard NOT saying that the particular program I am applying to is my number 1 choice on my personal statement. I've heard mixed reviews about saying this in your statement, mostly being don't (makes sense), but has anyone found a crafty way to make this known without sounding like "pick me! pick me!". The only thing I could come up with was letting them know I am very interested in their program and what makes their program unique, but it's not strong enough and does not get across that I would choose their program over any other. Any suggestions? Keep in mind, I am not referring to saying this for EVERY school I am applying to, I am talking specifically about my number one choice. Thanks in advance for your advice! 

Just focus on making it clear that you are the best fit for their program. Show that you've done your research on them and can contribute to the department outside of the reqs to get your degree. You don't need to tell them they're your number 1 choice, but you can make it clear that you're very interested in them by showing (not telling) that you've done the legwork. 

Focus on why you're best for them and what specific about that school is best for you. I'd avoid saying it's your top pick because it adds no reason why to accept you. They have more than enough candidates 

You're completely right! They probably get 200 applications who all of course say "Youre my top choice", so simply stating "You're my #1" falls short on *why* just exactly they are. I would say towards the end of your app to answer exactly that: WHY they stood out enough for you to apply. I usually list at least 3 serious & in-depth things about the program that I believe fits my interests, work experiences and/or education and explain the connection so they can read just WHY they are important to me (by serious and in-depth, I mean not that you 'love Miami' but instead maybe the location has a diverse population which would equate to a diverse data set if you're applying to a research program w/interests in culture. Something serious and applicable) . This already tells them that your viewing them highly and professionally w/o sounding typical. Also, of course don't forget to also demonstrate how well you believe you would fit into the program, as well as your interests! Good luck!!!

@GreenEyedTrombonist @jpiccolo & @TammyTams Thank you guys so much for your kind replies! All incredible advice! You made such a good point that explaining why I really want to attend their program is much more important than stating that they are my number 1 choice. I also like that one of you mentioned having 3 main examples. That definitely shows them that I did my research. Thanks a bunch!