How Beneficial is it to be Bilingual for grad school acceptance?

How Beneficial is it to be a Bilingual SLP for grad school acceptance? I always hear that there is a big demand for spanish speaking SLPs, but I want to know if it could help me get the edge I need to get into grad school. My GPA  and letter of recs are meh, but good GRE scores. Getting nervous about getting into the programs I want tho. 

Edited by xoxoaimee

It definitely gives you an edge especially if the programs you apply to has a multicultural emphasis, like some of the California schools. You definitely have to make talking about it a priority in your SOP otherwise the committee member who reads/skims it may not realize you are bilingualism. There was this bilingual girl who didn't get into my program who went and asked the head of the grad program why she didn't get in. She was told that one reason was that she didn't talk about her bilingualism enough and it got glossed over during review. Basically, she would have gotten stronger consideration if she had talked about it more.   

I absolutely would make it a huge point in your application.  I focused my letter of intent on my bilingualism and asked a couple of my letters to emphasize that aspect of mine -- I'm pretty certain I got into grad school because of it.

I'd think any second language would be a plus! That said, I think it's only beneficial if you demonstrate you have proficient or better abilities in that language. When applying, I had a minor in Spanish that very few people seemed to care about. Once I added that I worked at a Spanish summer camp, I got A LOT of interest. Demonstrating your use of the language, I think, will give you WAY more of an edge.