2015 SLP Admissions Thread

I just got my acceptance to Adelphi by mail!!! Did anyone else get accepted? And it doesn't clarify as to Manhattan center or Garden City, is it safe to assume that you got accepted to whichever you applied to?

I have been accepted to Ohio State, U Cincinnati, and Indiana U. I will probably attend IU because I was given an award for in-state tuition and a partial fellowship for the first year. 

HI Liz!

How did you hear back from Ohio State?  Electronically or in the mail?

yes, the waiting game is nerve-wracking! mostly it makes me very unfocussed...

congrats, everyone!! our hard work is being rewarded! I've been accepted at 3 programs, waiting to hear from my top choice. I'd be happy with what I've already got except no GA or scholarships :(.

i alternate between being super excited but stressed--i have a big move ahead of me for one thing: all of the schools have such unique benefits that making a choice seems like it will be a challenge too. anyone know how to find alumni or more info about schools from a student perspective?

mostly i'm excited and glad to have a choice.

i've had interviews with 2 schools in lieu of traveling across the country for their open houses. 

one asked more motivational and aspirational questions, including how would i like to be known 5 or 10 years down the road, and for what, and the other was a little more cut and dried, with questions about my background and fit for slp.

neither asked any slp technical questions.

we did briefly go over classes i've had and not had in one case.

hope that helps.

PorqueMoi- 

If you don't mind my asking, what are your stats? I applied to LSU's Health Sciences school as well (the one in Nola), and I'm curious about others who've applied- I'm unsure what the "norms" are for usually accepted stats.

Apparently admissions decisions can be communicated even on Sundays! Just heard from University of Missouri so now I will actually have a decision to make. Exciting that I get to choose where I want to go. I wish I could make all their open houses but the distance and differing dates will probably limit me in where I can visit. Anybody have thoughts about open houses and whether to go, how to make decisions if you can't visit all the programs? 

Anybody have thoughts about open houses and whether to go, how to make decisions if you can't visit all the programs? 

I plan to go to any open houses that I can, but it's easier for me because I live relatively near all my schools. I'm also considering looking on school's websites (lab pages in particular list members of the labs, some of which include Master's students) to find students I can email to ask about the programs. I don't want to be annoying though! 

I think it may mean they will consider you for the next admission period, One of my schools that I didn't get into for fall 2015 gave me the option to "defer" my app for fall 2016 admission...

Just got my first notification from University of central Missouri and it said I was deferred. Does anyone know what exactly deferred means?

It could mean that they decided not to make a decision yet and placed your application back in the pile to be re-reviewed. I would definitely contact them and ask though!

What kinds of things did they ask you?

Yes, I would also be curious to know how the interview went, how long it was and what they asked you. How many members of the faculty were there?

I am guessing wait listed.

that's what I thought too!

I think it may mean they will consider you for the next admission period, One of my schools that I didn't get into for fall 2015 gave me the option to "defer" my app for fall 2016 admission...

yes it said I was deferred until spring 2016 and then it said I could be pulled off the deferred list if spots open up.

It could mean that they decided not to make a decision yet and placed your application back in the pile to be re-reviewed. I would definitely contact them and ask though!

I wish!  I'm going to contact the department and ask.  I think basically I got wait listed and my application got pushed to spring 2016.  But I am going to contact them and make sure I am understanding it correctly.

I would never want to step foot on their campus, but why is BYU so hard to get into? Who do they accept? I've only ever heard of rejections.

I didn't get in, although I new applying it was a long shot. I think it's really competitive because of the price. It's by far the cheapest grad program I've ever heard of. 

Received my first acceptance on February 27th to the University of Vermont!!! I can't explain how relieved I feel - especially to know so early on! It is certainly exciting to know that all of our hard work has indeed paid off! Now we can breathe easy and let things unfold however they will. Congrats to all other acceptances! You have earned it!

I finally got my first acceptance to Nebraska-Lincoln!! :) I'm so happy, excited and relieved! :) I'm going to graduate school!!!!!!! :) Hopefully you all too will start getting some good news!! :)

How exciting!'!! Congrats!!