2015 SLP Admissions Thread

This is really frustrating.

When I called the department last week, they told me I had been accepted, and to expect a letter in the mail soon since they had been mailed. I'm 12 hours away so I thought it might be late because of that, but this is ridiculous. I'm getting paranoid they told me I was accepted in error because they haven't returned my follow-up calls or e-mails.

Audiology people from Gally have already received letters of admission AND funding information.  <_< I need both of these items to make a decision since the move for me would be seriously costly. And April 15th... is that just not a thing to them?

I feel like their application process was very scattered too. It kind of didn't feel "official" with an outdated type of form, and I think it was them who required a scanned in form to be emailed by people writing LOR. I was 99.9% sure I wanted to go to UMD, and a small part of me is excited about the idea of Gallaudet so I haven't withdrawn my app. But something about the process has left me feeling not so excited about it.

I feel like their application process was very scattered too. It kind of didn't feel "official" with an outdated type of form, and I think it was them who required a scanned in form to be emailed by people writing LOR. I was 99.9% sure I wanted to go to UMD, and a small part of me is excited about the idea of Gallaudet so I haven't withdrawn my app. But something about the process has left me feeling not so excited about it.

I'm in a similar place, except I was rejected from my two tops, and Gallaudet was in its own realm of excitement haha. So it's either stay at my in-state schools (in areas I know well/am comfortable with), or the big exciting DC haha. I'd have to visit Gallaudet before I make a decision, but I really would not like to visit until I have some tangible proof I was accepted. It was funny because when the program director called me back, she was super helpful and nice. I felt very relieved. I e-mailed her the next day about visiting (had to price it before I asked her on the phone), and nothing. Called her yesterday morning and left a message, mentioning how I'm far away and I want to visit. Nothing. It's so confusing! At the same time, I've emailed my other in-state schools questions and they aren't responding either. I can't tell if everyone's just overwhelmed or what's up, but I really want something concrete.

Have you ever visited since you're (maybe) somewhat close?

I'm in a similar place, except I was rejected from my two tops, and Gallaudet was in its own realm of excitement haha. So it's either stay at my in-state schools (in areas I know well/am comfortable with), or the big exciting DC haha. I'd have to visit Gallaudet before I make a decision, but I really would not like to visit until I have some tangible proof I was accepted. It was funny because when the program director called me back, she was super helpful and nice. I felt very relieved. I e-mailed her the next day about visiting (had to price it before I asked her on the phone), and nothing. Called her yesterday morning and left a message, mentioning how I'm far away and I want to visit. Nothing. It's so confusing! At the same time, I've emailed my other in-state schools questions and they aren't responding either. I can't tell if everyone's just overwhelmed or what's up, but I really want something concrete.

Have you ever visited since you're (maybe) somewhat close?

I haven't visited. If I get in and am still wavering at all, I'll visit, but I don't really have the time otherwise.

This is really frustrating.

When I called the department last week, they told me I had been accepted, and to expect a letter in the mail soon since they had been mailed. I'm 12 hours away so I thought it might be late because of that, but this is ridiculous. I'm getting paranoid they told me I was accepted in error because they haven't returned my follow-up calls or e-mails.

Audiology people from Gally have already received letters of admission AND funding information.  <_< I need both of these items to make a decision since the move for me would be seriously costly. And April 15th... is that just not a thing to them?

Psssh, as far as I'm concerned you're in. Playground rules still apply in adulthood...no take-backs!  ;)

for those of you accepted to NYU was it via email?

have you heard back from Duquesne? I havent received any info regarding my status and have only heard of people getting waitlisted... you know anyone whose gotten accepted?

I was told in an email from Ohio State University that I would hear back about a decision around April 1st and it's now April 2nd. Has anyone else (who isn't an OSU undergrad) heard back from OSU yet this week?

Yay!! Congrats!!

Thank you Holly44! Congratulations on your acceptance as well! I always see you being so supportive on here and I am really glad that you got into a program. You are very deserving and will be great at what you do:) 

Hi, 

Is anyone else attending the Summers-Only program at NAU (Northern Arizona), this coming summer? I'd like to connect with some of the other people attending. Also, saw someone was going to start a facebook page, but the link didn't work. If anyone has any information, let me know.

Thanks and looking forward to heading to Flagstaff this summer.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone else is planning to attend Georgia State University this fall. I would like to start or join a Facebook group, so I want to find some of my classmates. Thanks!

So, for a while I didn't think I would have a choice between schools, but now I do... I've been accepted to Syracuse University and Eastern Michigan.

I was able to go to the open house for Syracuse and they have really great facilities, however, in the end it is pricier than Eastern Michigan. I've read that both programs are a bit disorganized and I've had difficulties navigating around Eastern Michigan's website for more information. The campus for Syracuse was nice (at least the main campus), but most of the time I would be at South campus, which wasn't as nice. I've looked at the virtual tour for Eastern Michigan and it seems really nice in comparison. 

Looking past these superficial aspects, does anyone know of anyone in these programs and could let me know of any pros/cons?

Hi everyone! I was wondering who else is planning on going to the University of Georgia (UGA) this summer. Since we start in less than 3 months (!!!) I wanted to start or join a Facebook group to meet some classmates.

Let me know if there's already a group to look for! Otherwise I'd like to start one soon :)