2015 SLP Admissions Thread

I applied to Northern Arizona but I haven't heard anything back yet. Were you able to tour the campus or talk to anyone in the department? I wish I would have had the money to fly to all the schools I applied to to do that. As more of a general question do you think the people who do that have a higher chance of getting accepted?

I just heard back from Northern Arizona today!

It's definitely my top choice right now, I still need to sit down and do some serious pros/cons lists though.

Do you know much about the program? I just got accepted here and I am so excited - looks like I'll be getting some funding too? 

After 2 years of applying and receiving 8 straight rejections across the board last year, I finally got accepted into grad school today!!!! I can't even explain how happy I am. Taking the year off and building resume really helped me so much. My fingers are crossed for everyone else!!!

After 2 years of applying and receiving 8 straight rejections across the board last year, I finally got accepted into grad school today!!!! I can't even explain how happy I am. Taking the year off and building resume really helped me so much. My fingers are crossed for everyone else!!!

Omg congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you! :-)

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you!! 

So exciting! Yay!! Congrats!! The feeling is amazing isn't it! Glad we can share the passion and lessons in perseverance. This field is CRAZY competitive but I believe if your heart is in the right place and if it's your dream it will happen. God has perfect timing.

Edited by jenbugg86

Whooohoo! Love seeing another second year applicant get in finally! Is it st Ambrose? It's in my hometown!

Omg congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you! :-)

thank you so much!! I am ecstatic right now!

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you!! 

thank you so much! and congrats on your acceptance today as well!

it really is the best feeling ever!  The competitiveness of the field is crazy, but if you're really determined to become an SLP, you can do it.  I remember last year being so disappointed and hearing people say "this is my second/third time applying so don't give up" and I just never thought I would get in.  But hard work paid off for the both of us!  congrats to you on your acceptance as well!!

Whooohoo! Love seeing another second year applicant get in finally! Is it st Ambrose? It's in my hometown!

Yes it is St. Ambrose! I would love to talk about the area and potential places to live if I end up there (since you're from around there you would know best!)  I am from Boston and have never been anywhere besides the East coast!

I just found out that I was accepted to the University of Utah!!!!!!! When I opened the email I jumped up and did a happy dance in my office. I'm sure all my coworkers think I'm crazy but I'm SO happy and relieved. Wow. Very grateful to have been accepted. It still doesn't quite feel real.

Edited by Mia6714

thank you so much!! I am ecstatic right now!

thank you so much! and congrats on your acceptance today as well!

it really is the best feeling ever!  The competitiveness of the field is crazy, but if you're really determined to become an SLP, you can do it.  I remember last year being so disappointed and hearing people say "this is my second/third time applying so don't give up" and I just never thought I would get in.  But hard work paid off for the both of us!  congrats to you on your acceptance as well!!

Yes it is St. Ambrose! I would love to talk about the area and potential places to live if I end up there (since you're from around there you would know best!)  I am from Boston and have never been anywhere besides the East coast!

Feel free to pm me!

I just found out that I was accepted to the University of Utah!!!!!!! When I opened the email I jumped up and did a happy dance in my office. I'm sure all my coworkers think I'm crazy but I'm SO happy and relieved. Wow. Very grateful to have been accepted. It still doesn't quite feel real.

Awesome!! Congrats! Definitely a great program.

Awesome!! Congrats! Definitely a great program.

Thank you!!!! :) My husband and are really happy. And yesterday was actually my birthday so talk about a wonderful birthday present! It's a great program and the in state tuition will be a huge plus because we are still paying on my husband's grad school loans. I think Salt Lake could be a really fun place to live too. Anyone else on here who got accepted to the U? If so are you planning on attending?

lakegirl, I'm so happy for you, congratulations!!! Hats off for your perseverance. And thank you for posting this. I'm feeling pretty low right now and your post has given me hope and encouragement to dust it off, make my application better and try again next year. Thank you.

Edited by 2015hopeful

lakegirl, I'm so happy for you, congratulations!!! Hats off for your perseverance. And thank you for posting this. I'm feeling pretty low right now and your post has given me hope and encouragement to dust it off, make my application better and try again next year. Thank you.

Thank you so much!!  If it's something you really want to do, don't give up!  It was really discouraging last year getting rejection after rejection after rejection.  It made me take a step back and really realize if this is what I want to do I need to work hard to get in.  I have done so much this past year building up my resume, and it paid off!  I'm so happy I could give you encouragement.  You can do it!

Congrats to everyone who has received acceptances! It is encouraging to hear about those of you who persevered and despite having to apply year after year stayed optimistic. It seems to have paid off for many of you! Unfortunately I am not able to relocate so I could only apply to two schools. I have been out of school for six years and worked as a preschool teacher. I know my gpa is not competitive. I had no idea I would ever be pursuing a master's degree. After working as a teacher though I know for a fact I want to be a slp! I am hoping and praying for a miracle!!! Reading everyone's stories is encouraging!

Hey everybody! I applied to Gallaudet University and I haven't heard anything yet. I am starting to get nervous. It was my first choice and I'm not sure if not hearing yet is a bad sign. Good luck to everyone! 

Hey everybody! I applied to Gallaudet University and I haven't heard anything yet. I am starting to get nervous. It was my first choice and I'm not sure if not hearing yet is a bad sign. Good luck to everyone! 

mrpmillar I'm waiting to hear back from Gallaudet and am getting nervous too!! It's also my first choice too.  Fingers crossed for us. 

I haven't hear yet either. But according to the results page on this website, no one has yet.

Hi everyone! I'm still pretty new to this forum and would love some insight! It looks like I need to make a decision between Temple and Southern Connecticut State University. SCSU is in state for me but after researching the programs, I feel like Temple is more structured towards my future career goals (more research funding and opportunities and I would like to do research at graduate level, more diverse opportunities for field experience and they offer what seems to be a better bilingual option) but this comes with a much higher price tag. Thoughts?

Gallaudet people! I called the department last week and they told me they had sent decisions letters out. However, I have not received mine. Has anyone else? 

Nope - nothing, and I live very nearby.

This is really frustrating.

When I called the department last week, they told me I had been accepted, and to expect a letter in the mail soon since they had been mailed. I'm 12 hours away so I thought it might be late because of that, but this is ridiculous. I'm getting paranoid they told me I was accepted in error because they haven't returned my follow-up calls or e-mails.

Audiology people from Gally have already received letters of admission AND funding information.  <_< I need both of these items to make a decision since the move for me would be seriously costly. And April 15th... is that just not a thing to them?