2017 Computational Biology/Biomedical Informatics PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Oddich55

23 minutes ago, NAGradBioInf said:

Don't get disappointed at all. At least you have received an invitation from Stanford for an interview. That was my target school, but they did not even consider me for an interview although I consider my application strong. I have not received anything yet from Stanford, not even a rejection letter. I assume it is coming soon:( I should be the one who is disappointed:(

I'm sorry. I know it isn't very considerate of me. But I think we both have the right to grieve over losses. Best of luck to you.

4 hours ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

I'm sorry. I know it isn't very considerate of me. But I think we both have the right to grieve over losses. Best of luck to you.

Oh No.There is nothing to be sorry about. Don't worry about it at all. I was just telling you that your situation is better than many people when I read you were disappointed by MIT rejection. Good luck for you. I hope you will join your first choice school. Are you targeting Stanford? I guess

On 2017/1/18 at 2:31 AM, desmond.bo said:

Hi Mr. China, nice to hear somebody else also comes from China.

I'm from Shanghai Jiaoda. Where are ya from?

Are you an undergraduate from Department of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics?

9 hours ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

First acceptance here too.

CMU-Pitt Computational Biology. No interview, just open house day.

But it overlaps with stanford so I won't go then. Maybe I can visit at a different time.

First acceptance too. I also get the CMU-Pitt Computational Biology.

1 hour ago, SystemsBioYu said:

To the guys who got CMU offer: Did you contact professors there before? I am surprised that they did not have interviews.

It was the only school I didn't contact professors before. It is within the cs dept and the cs programs generally don't have interviews so maybe that is why.

5 hours ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

It was the only school I didn't contact professors before. It is within the cs dept and the cs programs generally don't have interviews so maybe that is why.

Got it. Thanks.