2017 Computational Biology/Biomedical Informatics PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Oddich55

1 hour ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

Um. Accepted to Sanger Institute/Cambridge University 4-year program!

The problem is that I have to let them know by next monday. Their system isn't like the US. You don't get until april 15th... How do I decide?

Well, that is hard to decide. Do you have a ranking of the schools in your heart? What is the rank of Sanger? I have been to Sanger (EMBL-EBI). I do not know much about the research but physically stayed there for a week. The campus is far away from city and even countryside but very beautiful.

On 1/27/2017 at 3:56 PM, doerlbh said:

Anyone hear back from Brown University's Computational Biology? I heard they have very few slots. Not sure where the admissions is at now.

They have sent out first round invitation last week. No idea how many they will take.

40 minutes ago, doerlbh said:

Thanks, Henry! I assume Princeton QCB also has way past their initial screening?

I didn't apply QCB but I think yes. Good luck.  

2 hours ago, doerlbh said:

Thanks, Henry! I assume Princeton QCB also has way past their initial screening?

I believe all invites are out during early Dec and they have their interview next week

24 minutes ago, eagb said:

For schools with 2 interview weekends, do most wait until after the second to make offers?

I went to UChicago and Northwestern, both of which have 3 weekends. Got accepted after the first one - but I think it depends on the school.

5 hours ago, eagb said:

For schools with 2 interview weekends, do most wait until after the second to make offers?

I just went to the UMich PIBS 1st interview weekend and got an acceptance the Monday after. Not sure when the rest are sent out.

11 hours ago, desmond.bo said:

Got an email from MIT CSBi offering an interview for the next weekend !!!??? :P:P:P

Do not lose your hope too early guys. I guess there is indeed a waiting list.

Congrats!!!

14 hours ago, desmond.bo said:

Got an email from MIT CSBi offering an interview for the next weekend !!!??? :P:P:P

Do not lose your hope too early guys. I guess there is indeed a waiting list.

Congras man! Did you get a CSBi rejection email earlier, then this email for invitation?

10 hours ago, doerlbh said:

Congras man! Did you get a CSBi rejection email earlier, then this email for invitation?

Thanks! Not exactly... I did receive one rejection letter from Department of Biology that day but I don't know whether it comes from the MIT Biology Program or CSB.

58 minutes ago, eagb said:

Accepted to MIT Biology...will very likely be attending. Initially thought CSB would be a better fit, but after interviewing for both, the differences are very subtle between the two and the structure of Bio was a better fit for me.

Congrat!

Did you hear back from CSBi? I believe they said it should be this week.

On 2/18/2017 at 5:00 AM, bioinformaticsGirl said:

I got mine the Monday after, but I interviewed the first week, so it might never a bit different for you.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:22 PM, desmond.bo said:

Congrat!

Did you hear back from CSBi? I believe they said it should be this week.

I didn't hear a reply yet, but they said within 1 week which would be a few more days for me (went on a different day because of the snow cancelling flights).