2017 Computational Biology/Biomedical Informatics PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Oddich55

1 hour ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

I emailed the coordinator to ask if all invites had been sent. She responded quickly saying that all applicants will be notified by friday.

And now someone has posted that they were rejected by email...

So you mean there is still a chance?  :(its killing me

29 minutes ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

So what? They are going down a list maybe alphabetical and sending out invites and rejections. They seem interleaved... I haven't been rejected yet.

I am picturing this

zootopia-trailer-sloth.jpeg

lol!! Don't do this at this time hahaha...

15 hours ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

What is really frustrating is that the last status update was around 6pm eastern time and nothing since then. So I think we have to wait until tomorrow...

Hope they are still sending it today lol

40 minutes ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

seems like they must be having another adcomm meeting. Otherwise results would have continued going out this morning. That is all I can imagine.

Or they have a waitlist for interviews and are waiting for someone to turn down the invites...

10 minutes ago, SysEvo said:

Or they have a waitlist for interviews and are waiting for someone to turn down the invites...

Who is turning down that invite? They have 2 weekends as well. It would have to be your 3rd+ choice AND the other interviews for your top choice would have to be those weekends lol.

Edited by AGradStudentHasNoName

Another committee meeting is not making too much sense to me, since it's a super small program. I think they have already made their choice and hopefully could keep a waitlist with mercy.

dany_mother_mhysa.png

But anyway I'd consider it as a rejection. :(

2 hours ago, desmond.bo said:

Another committee meeting is not making too much sense to me, since it's a super small program. I think they have already made their choice and hopefully could keep a waitlist with mercy.

But anyway I'd consider it as a rejection. :(

Me too. When I applied, I was told by a professor that this program is very unfriendly to international student and he suggested me not to apply for it but microbiology instead...

2 minutes ago, SysEvo said:

Admitted to Gatech QBiol and invited to recruitment weekend, thought I was rejected...And the date overlaps with MIT CBSi, now really need to check with them

congrats. according to the email i got from the program coordinator we should know by the end of today one way or the other for mit

11 minutes ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

congrats. according to the email i got from the program coordinator we should know by the end of today one way or the other for mit

sorry I mean microbiology

"Thank you for applying to the MIT Computational and Systems Biology PhD Program. The admissions committee has met and had hoped to have all invitations sent out by today Friday January 13th. Due to grant deadlines, the committee in requesting more time.  With this in mind, you should receive an update on the status of your application by Tuesday January 17, 2017. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience."

TL;DR delayed till tuesday.

"Thank you for applying to the MIT Computational and Systems Biology PhD Program. The admissions committee has met and had hoped to have all invitations sent out by today Friday January 13th. Due to grant deadlines, the committee in requesting more time.  With this in mind, you should receive an update on the status of your application by Jan 17th. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience"

Why not just a rejection...

17 minutes ago, SysEvo said:

"Thank you for applying to the MIT Computational and Systems Biology PhD Program. The admissions committee has met and had hoped to have all invitations sent out by today Friday January 13th. Due to grant deadlines, the committee in requesting more time.  With this in mind, you should receive an update on the status of your application by Jan 17th. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience"

Why not just a rejection...

at least you got mit microbiology today. That is awesome! Congrats! Be happy and celebrate!