All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Any of your friends hear anything?
  3. Today
  4. Hey guys, I was interested in the 2 year MA for Political Science at CEU. The university has been ranked between 24-32 in the world for politics over the past 3 years, but I can't seem to get much info on it as to what metrics are used and how they apply. I'm interested in theory, which they say is strong in the program (albeit with analytic Phil focus), and am focused on entering into a PhD in any theoretical field be it political theory, cultural anthropology, literature, geography, etc. 2 years with masters thesis also seems like a plus, as I'm weighing it against a high tier uni in the US that has offered me a 1 year non-thesis option. The school only has about 1,300 students, anyone have more info on the program, theory as a part of the program, or how it is acknowledged across the US/Western Europe?
  5. Hey everyone! I'm originally from Texas, and I've been accepted to UArizona, UAB, and Albany. UArizona offered $30,000 in aid, while UAB and Albany both offered around $28,000. I'm curious about the ease of courses, graduation rates, and job prospects in the industry after graduation. Which school do you think would be the best choice for my future career? Thanks!
  6. Hi everyone! Is anyone attending UOttawa? I would love to create a group chat and connect
  7. I got it all in the last couple of days including in same folder. Did you write to them to tell them you were out of country?
  8. Did you get an email saying you got it? Was it in the same folder? Also when did they email you acknowledging your switch? I don't have mine yet 😕
  9. Does anyone have any info about the Carnegie Mellon MA in Literary and Cultural Studies? The program seems really great by its faculty and material, but I'd be a bit nervous about the 1 year length in regards to applying to PhDs. Also the almost 30k tuition price tag and lack of thesis, yet they mention that they specialize in preparing students for their PhDs. I was accepted to a 2 year political theory program for 6k a year in Central Europe, wondering if that's the move..CMU is a dream school though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  10. Has anyone heard back from Laurier’s online advanced standing MSW?
  11. mari11

Whitney ISP

not yet, but i will post on here if i do!
  12. Hopefully soon. I called Student Services and they said UBCO sends out most decisions beginning to the middle of May. Good luck!
  13. Yesterday
  14. Have you found out anything yet? From the posts of the last two years, it seems like Whitney often notifies tomorrow morning.
  15. Well dang, i had heard of the legend of the 'status date change' curse. Hoping it's not the case for me but managing my expectations now... thanks
  16. Just got my new NOA! This is what I'm thinking. The budget mentions 2024-2025. For us, that is the payments for May, September, and January. So it should affect us all, including a retroactive payment for us in May. It would be great if the gov't could give us a provisional heads us, e.g., "If the budget is passed, then it will be retroactive for awards issued this year"
  17. Hi everyone! I'm preparing to graduate with my bachelor's degree from UNL. My degree is in Fisheries and Wildlife, but I would really like to go to graduate school for marine biology. I'm really interested in coral reefs and ecosystem interactions, but really I just want to have a career in the water! I've found myself feeling really overwhelmed when comparing programs, and I'm not sure how to tell all the schools apart. I plan to take a year or two off and apply for grad school next year. Any recommendations on good programs/websites I should check out, or interesting research labs would be much appreciated. I'm living in Alabama this summer, and then Florida for 6 months afterwards, so location isn't a defining factor for me. Thank you so much for your help!!
  18. Hi, I'm planning on applying for Masters programs this year for Fall 2025, and was hoping I could get some feedback on whether the programs I chose are feasible are not. Undergrad: T25 Major: Double Major - B.S Neuroscience, B.A Applied Statistics w/ Biostat Concentration GPA: 3.1/4.00 (upward trend from first year) Type of Student: Domestic, Female, Asian GRE: 168Q, 164V, 5.0 AWA Relevant Courses: Calculus II - C (retaking this summer, took it in high school and got an A) Introduction to Programming - D Statistics for Biologists - B+ Research Methods and Data Analysis - A (R Course) Intro to Data Science with R - A- Research Methods and Data Analysis 2 - A- (R Course) Intro to Regression Analysis - B+ Applied Linear Algebra - A- Data Analysis with Python - C Foundations of Statistics - B Upcoming Courses: Calculus II, Calculus III, Mathematical Statistics, Sample Surveys, Data Visualization and Management, Experimental Design, Statistical Machine Learning, Survival Analysis and Reliability Theory. Introduction to Epigenetics: A- Epigenetics Lab: A Research Experience: I worked on a short term project for a neuroscience lab, doing data analysis from raster plots. I'm currently working under a biostatistics professor, working on cca for fmri and genetics/epigenetic data from various mental illnesses. We're planning on submitting an abstract for a conference next spring, as well as publishing a paper in the upcoming months. I also have a capstone project for statistics next fall semester. Work Experience: I interned at a local pharma company after my first year of college, and did data entry and analysis for various projects in the quality control department. I also did a global health internship at a non profit organization, where I did data validation for grants and funding for different research teams. I've been working on campus for student affairs for two years, and I tutor middle and high school students in math and writing. Letters of Recommendation: I plan on asking my research professor, my boss at my part time job, and a genetics professor I took classes with. I believe that the first two will be very strong, and the last letter wouldn't be as strong since the classes were pretty large. Goals/Other Info: My current plan is to finish my Master's and then work before applying to PhD programs. I'm hoping to go into a program that has a concentration or focus in statistical genetics. My interest are health equity, specifically in terms of mental health in nations where it is stigmatized, as well as the genetic basis for different mental disorders. Current List of Colleges I'm Planning to Apply To: I tried to vary the program rankings and chose a variety of schools (based on the US news rankings). University of Michigan--Ann Arbor University of Washington - Capstone University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill Duke University University of Colorado--Denver Columbia University Ohio State University Drexel University University of Minnesota--Twin Cities University of Pittsburgh Questions: Is my list of colleges realistic considering my current stats (my scores in my python classes are my biggest concern)? Is there anything else I can do to improve my application? My dream school is University of Michigan, however I know that my GPA is on the lower end, and UMich doesn't look at GRE scores, so what can I do to stand out? Are there any other programs I should be considering that would be a better match for me? Thank you for reading through all of that
  19. I'm still waiting as well! I'm getting pretty anxious - this is such a long time to have to wait!
  20. My understanding is that the instalment form shouldn't be uploaded until 6 weeks before the start date of your award; so if you're starting in Sept 2024 (or Jan 2025), I don't think you need to upload that now.
  21. I deferred my start date from May to September (then later discovered that my institution actually requires us to start major awards like SSHRC in September).
  22. Would it be appropriate to request a letter of recommendation from a faculty member who taught me a course outside of the computer science domain, given that my bachelor's degree is in biology and I am applying for a master's in computer science? Alternatively, would it make sense to seek a letter of recommendation from the principal investigator from a biology lab, even though their research area differs from the field I am pursuing in my master's program?
  23. How does someone secure strong letters of recommendation for a master's program in computer science, considering my bachelor's degree is in biology and I graduated five years ago?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use