Thanks4Downvoting
Members-
Posts
286 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by Thanks4Downvoting
-
Although I want to get a secular degree after my MDiv, I'd definitely consider myself more of a theologian than a scholar of religion, but I think it's more of a 70/30 split for me. Some of both.
-
Thanks for the advice! Your post is particularly helpful.
-
I'm counting this as a top 10 poster...I mean, I was tied for 10th. Let me have my fun?
-
Oh, I'm sure it'll be so worth it. I get a kick out of languages anyway. That, coupled with the fact that I love challenges, makes it even more appealing.
-
It's an odd requirement if it's so easy to pass the proficiency test...
-
This conversation makes me feel much better, considering I have 3 more years after my undergrad to add languages before my PhD.
-
Thanks for the additional information!
-
It's just one more thing to worry about, huh? It's definitely tough to get this kinda stuff figured out.
-
I definitely have an interest in adding Syriac eventually, but thanks for the response. I was getting slightly intimidated by the depth of what was going to be required of me linguistically. Not that I don't thoroughly enjoy it or anything. I'm definitely a huge fan of Medieval Latin, which, I suppose, is a wonderful thing for my interests. Thanks again! You're a lifesaver!
-
When entering to my Mdiv program, I will be able to say the following about my language proficiencies: Classical and Medieval Latin - 3 years Greek - 1 year My question is this: Will I be able to learn enough during my 3 years at my Mdiv, to be proficicent enough to go on to get a PhD (Historical Theology or Church History? Focusing on the Medieval of Course ). The way I understand it is: I will need to improve my proficiency in Greek Learn Hebrew/Syriac Learn French or German... Will I be able to do it? I assume this needs to be an ongoing thing that I do throughout my 3 years wherever I end up, and that I'll be able to take al these languages, but is 3 years enough time? Thanks,
-
Sometimes I feel like it should, lol.
-
Typos in submitted CV - end of the world or no big deal?
Thanks4Downvoting replied to aquiles's topic in History
Since it's in French, I wouldn't think so. -
Rejected from two schools already...and depressed.
Thanks4Downvoting replied to AllSmiles0086's topic in The Lobby
Don't count yourself out just yet. There's still a chance you could get into one of your reach schools. -
It's a great, moving piece of literature: "While all the morning stars sang together and the angels shouted for joy" or "when teh stars and stuffs were all liek 'Hay'?" For some reason I still prefer the more widely accepted NIV translation.
-
My favorite verse in this translation: 1 And teh Ceiling Cat sez in teh windz: 2 "OMG, WTF iz u sayinz? u iz a noob! 3 "U getz reddy becuz naow I asks u sum kweschuns. 4 "Wehre iz u wen I maded teh earths, ifs u iz so smart? 5 "Who sayed, 'Hay, iz gonna be tihs big.' 6 "Whut iz unner teh earths? Who maded teh grouns? 7 "when teh stars and stuffs were all liek 'Hay'? 8 "Who sayed 'Oh hai waterz, u stay here, k?' 9 "when the clowdz were liek, 'Hai, we iz looks liek teh cloths,' 10 "and I was liek, 'Clowdz, u stay here, k?' 11 "Srsly. Job 38 is so much more awesome in the LOLCat translation...
-
Ceiling Cat sent his only kitteh to save us.
-
http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page Leave your favorite line from the LOLCat Bible here....kthxbai
-
http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page It's perhaps the best thing ever...
-
Graduate school is nowhere near as fun as undergrad
Thanks4Downvoting replied to 90sNickelodeon's topic in The Lobby
Sweet! That sounds like fun to me... -
No problem. Best of luck.
-
It's a tough situation, but I feel like you should be able to cut it down to 10 pages. Just make sure to mention that you've done so in your application.
-
Contacted Faculty got replies....now what??
Thanks4Downvoting replied to gurumaster8899's topic in Applications
You're not overly formal. I think this is just an widely accepted social convention. -
How do you end your SOP?
Thanks4Downvoting replied to Jennszoo's topic in Statement of Purpose, Personal History, Diversity
These are, by far, the best suggestions. -
I think I'd worry more about the other parts of my application for precisely this reason.
