Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About CindyG

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location
  • Application Season
    2017 Fall
  • Program
    Social Psychology

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Field/Program: Positive Psych, I/O Psych, Human Resources, Marketing Schools: Penn, Chicago, Columbia, BU, Claremont, NYU, Michigan, Illinois Status? Admitted to BU and Claremont, Interview with Michigan, and waiting on the others
  2. Hi guys, I haven't seen a topic for fall 2017 applicants for masters programs in business and i/o psych yet, so I thought I'd start one. Where is everyone applying? What are your credentials? What's the status on your application? These are the programs I'm applying to: - Master of Applied Positive Psychology - University of Pennsylvania - MA in IO Psychology - NYU - Masters in Computational Social Science - University of Chicago - MS in Marketing Science - Columbia - MS in Global Marketing Management - Boston University - MA in Positive Organizational Psychology and Evaluation - Claremont Graduate University - MS in Human Resource Management and Development - NYU Regarding my credentials, I have a 3.96 GPA, lots of research experience, and 156V/158Q/5.5W on the GRE.
  3. I'm from Germany and I am doing my undergrad in psych in the US right now. I also have a professor that did his undergrad and masters in Germany and PhD in the US, but still has connections over there. My professor told me if I wanted to do clinical psych I'd have to do it in the country that I would eventually want to live in. Since I have dual citizenship (US and Germany) I would have to consider that first before starting a clinical psych PhD program. It's different in both countries because the requirements are different in order to actually get a license to be a clinical psychologist. In Germany, you have to go to a school that offers apprenticeships in clinical psych and you'll have to decide whether you want to do clinical psych for children or adults. These apprenticeships cost money and will take about 3 years. But to apply to the program, you'll need a master's in clinical psychology first. I'm sure you know that in the US, in order to work as a clinical psychologist, you'll need to complete an APA accredited clinical psychology PhD program and then do a clinical psychology internship. Also, if you're a licensed clinical psychologist in one country, you can't practice in another country unless you do further schooling to obtain your license. And that could mean doing the whole thing over again in the other country.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.