Jump to content

CPRel

Members
  • Content count

    51
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About CPRel

  • Rank
    Caffeinated

Profile Information

  • Application Season
    2017 Spring

Recent Profile Visitors

223 profile views
  1. My situation is also the same. They accepted but waiting for funding.
  2. Hi, Thank you for your comments. I may be in the same situation in the next a few days. I have accepted an funded offer (School A) on April 15. But I also got an offer from School B where waitlisted for a funding package, which I would prefer to go to. Because I could not risk my chance of School A while waiting for School B for funding, I accepted A. School B still has not returned me yet, (I emailed them yesterday). They may not have a fund for me but what if they provide a funding package too late. I hope they notify me in this week. It seems the process of accepting/declining is almost over. If they say "we do not have a fund for you" then it would be OK since I guaranteed school A. If they have funding for me, then I have to find a way to decline the school A. What is the safe way to do decline A and accept B? I mean should I fırst accept B then decline A? or Should I first decline/email A and learned their attitude toward my decision then accept B? By the way, what is deposit? how does it relate to declining an offer?
  3. Hi my situation is also exactly this.
  4. But can they give extra time even if the official scholarship letter states as deadline for April 15th?
  5. CPRel

    Accept Offer and Decline Later

    Hi, I already had a funded offer. (school A) Today I receive another offer from a school (school B.) but I am still in a waitlist for funding. They told me that they cannot give more information about funding package before April 15th. School A said that they can give extra time if I need but their official scholarship letter states the deadline for accepting offer is April 15th. Should I rely on the official scholarship letter or a staff/professor’s mail? I want to go to school B but I also do not want to risk my funded offer(School A). What if I accept School A because of the April 15th rule, then decline School A if I receive funding from School B?
  6. CPRel

    Let’s just TALK about it...

    If I don't get any news from a university waitlisted me should I wait for the weekend to accept a offer from another school? DGS office would not work on weekend right?
  7. CPRel

    2017-2018 Application Cycle

    I was waitlisted for Delaware and still waiting. Did anyone get an offer from Delaware recently? The graduate director did not respond my mail last week. I asked PoI, he said he is not in the adcomm and will ask about my status.
  8. CPRel

    UCF vs. Delaware

    Yes, you are right, they have security studies Ph.D in the department of political science and yes that is why we could not find it in the ranking. Do you know anything about Delaware? In terms of placement which one would be the better chance? Does it make difference as political science phd or security studies phd if both are offered by political science department? UCF PolSci is a big department, it has over 36 scholars, and some of them are really known in the security studies. It seems they are better at teaching (quantitative) method. Delaware is also good at political psychology and they have 1-2 scholars that I could work (psych+middle east). I do not know method training in Delaware. I am more comperativist and I am interested in the middle eastern studies-ethnic/religious politics-political behavior.
  9. CPRel

    UCF vs. Delaware

    Can someone inform me about the political science programs in UCF or Delaware? In terms of general ranking, Delaware is much better than UCF, but I have been told that UCF has better scholars etc and method training. I hope some of you could inform me about the schools. Thank you.
  10. Any Delaware rejections planned?
  11. CPRel

    2017-2018 Application Cycle

    Congratulations! I also have a funded offer from another school, but I would rather go to Delaware if they accept/fund me. I do not know how they deal with waitlist in Delaware but let's see. Fingers crossed I hope they give an answer before April because I want to respond another school. Thank you.
  12. CPRel

    2017-2018 Application Cycle

    I hope you receive an offer that funded. Thank you. I am waitlisted both for admission and funding.
  13. CPRel

    2017-2018 Application Cycle

    Delaware waitlisted. If you have offer from Delaware but will go to another school can you decline Delaware offer? Thank you
  14. CPRel

    2017-2018 Application Cycle

    As I said, I felt that I will get a news today. So, I am rejected by Concordia University (Canada).
  15. CPRel

    2017-2018 Application Cycle

    March 15!!! should we expect some news about waitlists/acceptance/rejection today/tomorrow? there is only 1 month left for April 15. I am sure those who got their best choice already decline other offers. If so, then we are about to hear the news.
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.