Jump to content

socihealth

Members
  • Posts

    143
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by socihealth

  1. Im glad to see everyone defending their grad cafe habit!
  2. peer review
  3. I think the idea of overdressing rather than underdressing is very good. I am planning to bring a few things that can change the outfit if needed (shoes, jacket). Although my clothing choices are varied by what area of the country the school is in. I am dealing with a few climate swings!
  4. Im a fan of the Gap City Flats (there are several other brands that make a similar shoe). They are those flats that can fold up and be stored in your bag. If you plan to bring a purse or tote, you can stow these in there and the make great walking shoes for across campus and going around town a few blocks. I wouldn't go hiking in them (they are not very durable) but they are great for city walking. The colors and fabrics make them suitable for almost any type of clothing.
  5. I think being asked this question can put you in a tough position. Although I wish my top choice would ask me this!
  6. These names are so funny!
  7. haha so i guess if your replied to this thread TWICE (oops) it is way too much
  8. play clothes
  9. bug spray
  10. Wow these are both great tips. I plan to bring some note taking material now for sure.
  11. I have not done this, but I think finding out as much information as you can about a school (grad or undergrad life included) is great. Like you said, you will certainly encounter undergrads.
  12. haha of course, the applicant definition of mean. the secret meaning behind seemingly simple interview offers haha
  13. wow what a great resource
  14. as
  15. Stay positive! But yes, "false alarms" are stressful!
  16. Perhaps call the department and check your application status? Maybe it was them but it can't hurt to make sure your file is in order?
  17. I think it depends on the person. Of course, the application process is very stressful. It is very important to find ways to cope with your stress. If you find it comforting to read the posts (and post yourself) here at grad cafe, then I think it is helpful. I have found that certain types of posts stress me out but that I enjoy other types of threads here. I think the results page is helpful and its nice to have a community. That being said, constantly checking everything can compound your stress! Maybe take a break, get some fresh air, or perhaps limit the # of times per day you check? Other people may have better advice, mine is pretty wishy washy.
  18. over do
  19. changing careers
  20. That is very true, often great funding options exist outside of the department. Although, sometimes finding these options can take a lot of digging.
  21. This may sounds cheesy, but just finding the courage to apply and contact profs, departments, and talk to my current advisors was difficult for me. Of course, I agree that many parts of the process were difficult themselves. But I think stating my goal to myself and to others was really a big obstacle to overcome.
  22. diana ross
  23. code.
  24. all of the runners on here are so inspiring!
  25. orchid blossoms
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use