Chiqui74
Members-
Posts
536 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Chiqui74
-
Now UPenn needs to get its schmidt together and send out rejections so I can make my acceptance in peace and move on. I might not stick it out for Michigan, it's just too stressful, and I'm not even choose it over NYU.
-
Just logged in, rejected.
-
How did you do that?
-
I feel my undergraduate institution did not prepare me to participate in this discussion. FML
-
I have no idea, but I wasn't interviewed either. I'm also assuming rejection.
-
I hear ya! I'm hoping for a miracle with Harvard or UPenn.
-
NYU has made final decisions and has held the prospective student weekend already. Sorry!
-
If you haven't heard from Virginia yet, you are probably on a waiting list because they already sent rejections.
-
I'm not an expert but some schools only fund through TAships so all students get that; some schools only fund through fellowships so all students get that. Other schools fund through a combination with TAships making up the majority of the student funding and fellowships being reserved for exceptional students. I don't know of a single program where TAships are given only to students with good teaching potential. This is US-centric info, of course.
-
Do you mind sharing what the funding is like?
-
I don't know about rejections from Michigan, but they did email their waiting list folks. I'm on it.
-
For what it's worth, I'm not a spring chicken and this isn't my first career so I have a lot more things to consider, I think.
-
I didn't feel I was (academically) prepared to go into public history. I was also not willing to give up my nice, decently paying job, to take a $9.50 an hour apprenticeship, which are rare opportunities anyway, at a living history site. Upon writing my statement of purpose, I realized that right now I have little to offer to the public history field and my research, as such, is much better suited for a traditional PhD.
-
I did not apply to any Public History programs, although I did consider applying to one (NCSU). I do, however, have a strong interest in public history, particularly living history programs. If I wasn't going into a PhD program, my dream job would be to be a Colonial Williamsburg interpreter, or a similar site. I hope that I can do some PH work in grad school, and I am definitely keeping PH as a career option upon graduation. PH is, after all, the reason I got into history in the first place.
-
I checked, no changes. It seems that universities usually notify rejections and waitlists much later than acceptances.
-
Dear UPenn and Harvard, Please, put me out of my misery so that I can make my choice in peace. Sincerely, (Not so) Hopeful Prospective Student Who Knows the Blow is Coming.
-
I recently picked up "Lies My Teacher Told Me," but I haven't started it yet. It's totally pop history, but I've heard good things about it.
-
If you know for sure you will not accept the offer, then I think it's fine to go on and decline. What is the point in holding on?
-
It depends on the program, but I recently went to an open house and the university paid for a student to come from South America.
-
I may go to the AHA in January.
-
Just out of curiosity, how many students did they accept?
