-
Posts
1,210 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Everything posted by oseirus
-
How about calling the dept secretary?
-
You're amongst fellow nut cases ... go right ahead vent!
-
You people are nuts! The 80s is where it's at! After WW II folks pass on, title of Greatest Generation will be ours! PS you're welcome for Facebook
-
Sh*t people say when you are applying to grad school
oseirus replied to Clou12's topic in Waiting it Out
Heaven on earth it would seem -
< In my day,we didn't talk about age in public! You no good kids! Ps scientifically proven that the 1980s (AD) was the best decade to be born
-
Sh*t people say when you are applying to grad school
oseirus replied to Clou12's topic in Waiting it Out
If you're going to name drop a philosopher, JD wouldn't be the way to go. Conficius maybe or the fortune cookies but frenchmen aren't in w/us unwashed masses -
22? Well I feel old now
-
Hopefully you can play those of us who are shut out this round a tune as the Good Ship Hope sinks
-
I would agree with that sentiment. If anything I'd say by Thursday morning, if you had heard I would call because it is 01 Mar 12 etc
-
I would agree with that sentiment. If anything I'd say by Thursday morning, if you had heard I would call because it is 01 Mar 12
-
Sh*t people say when you are applying to grad school
oseirus replied to Clou12's topic in Waiting it Out
What's a Home Goods? :-( -
So to those who have applied to AM programs, what kind of rapport did you build w/POIs @ your prospective schools or are AMs a wholly different animal?
-
Can't give up hope ... no matter what ... not sound all Panglossian (Death to Voltaire!), but all is for the best in the best possible world
-
Sh*t people say when you are applying to grad school
oseirus replied to Clou12's topic in Waiting it Out
Ah the good old days, when bigotry was not only acceptable but strongly encouraged. Where does the time go? -
Good morning once again and a hopefully prosperous day across the board!
-
Sh*t people say when you are applying to grad school
oseirus replied to Clou12's topic in Waiting it Out
This fascinates me, simply because it highlights regionalism, academic exceptionalism and well intentioned people doing the wrong things -
We just need one person to admit to doing this & we can have a New York Times trendwatch
-
A ha! The plot thickens! Saff got ALL her acceptance letters AND emails. This postal cabal is truly powerful. I am in awe of you O postal workers.
-
As far as bases hiring historians, that is only partially true. As the military starts to cut back that has been one of the places they've hit. Some bases still have a paid historian on staff but a few have gone the volunteer route or an active duty member who does it as an additional duty
- 13 replies
-
- Military History
- Diplomatic History
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Well unless something drastically changes in the next 4 weeks I'll be here w/you buddy! :-)
-
This both amuses me and saddens me all at once ... the thought a lazy Canadian blows my stereotype of the happy go-lucky Canadian ... and yet it I can clearly picture them kicking back w/a Molson (death to Labbatt) and watching a local curling game ... this is my sad reality as I await a funded offer SOMEWHERE ... and now back off the ledge
-
Sh*t people say when you are applying to grad school
oseirus replied to Clou12's topic in Waiting it Out
When they say it is too far, they do realize we have these nifty gizmos called planes now right? -
I smell an international conspiracy afoot! Postal workers of the world have united! The revolution is coming!
-
Slowly step away from the keyboard
-
Sh*t people say when you are applying to grad school
oseirus replied to Clou12's topic in Waiting it Out
Have you given up explaining program fit, POIs, funding, etc?
