1 hour ago, victor910913 said:

Hey guys,

I just got an email about 10 minutes ago from MHCI+D for interview requirement. I will do it tomorrow morning and let's see what'll happen.

Good luck! Are you an international student?

42 minutes ago, kaid said:

I got a rejection:( I hope they send out as a mistake (there is a Chinese character in the email) even though I believe that is just a typo:(

I too got rejected. Don't worry!!  Just remember this wise saying, "Failure Makes Success Taste Much Sweeter"

My friend is visiting HCDE today, and she sent me a beautiful picture of UW. I love purple. Really my dream place.

Wish everyone best luck for HCID and HCDE! :)

7 hours ago, Karishma Daswani said:

I got waitlisted! Any idea on what the waitlist acceptance rates are? This is definitely where I want to go, so Any input on this would be great. 

I don't really know what the waitlist acceptance rates is.

But during the interview with academic adviser from MHCID, he mentioned that there are around 550 applicants this year and they sent out about 34~35 offer letters. Hope this may help.

wtf! It's March 15th! Aren't we supposed to hear back from the HCDE program? 

Hi guys! I haven't posted yet but I'm an older applicant that's trying to get into the HCDE program. I've been doing Visual Design for over five years working primarily with early-stage startups, large corporations, and nonprofits. My portfolio may be robust but now that I looked at my statement of purpose, it wasn't really my strongest writing. In fact, I'm terrible at writing so hopefully, that won't be the part that gets me rejected.

45 minutes ago, 2018-waiting-game said:

wtf! It's March 15th! Aren't we supposed to hear back from the HCDE program? 

Hi guys! I haven't posted yet but I'm an older applicant that's trying to get into the HCDE program. I've been doing Visual Design for over five years working primarily with early-stage startups, large corporations, and nonprofits. My portfolio may be robust but now that I looked at my statement of purpose, it wasn't really my strongest writing. In fact, I'm terrible at writing so hopefully, that won't be the part that gets me rejected.

Hi same here. I've been waiting for HCDE's letter and hope we all hear some good news. 

I got admitted into the MHCI+D program after interviewed by the program director yesterday. He's a really nice guy and said I should hear back from soon, then I got the admission letter.

I'm planning to go to the visitors day, let me know if any admitted student is also planning on going.

I applied to the HCDE program as well and have been waiting anxiously.

Best wishes to all the applicants!

On 3/15/2018 at 10:03 AM, victor910913 said:

I don't really know what the waitlist acceptance rates is.

But during the interview with academic adviser from MHCID, he mentioned that there are around 550 applicants this year and they sent out about 34~35 offer letters. Hope this may help.

hey victor congrats for the admission. would you mind sharing interview questions you had?