• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 10:47 AM, enes1874 said:

Hi guys! Another MHCID applicant here.

I’m a few years out of school (Colorado College ‘14 grad) and have been working in digital marketing/website management for a few years now. I became interested in HCID when I took General Assembly’s UX course this past summer and started doing more web/UX type work at my job.

I was just accepted to University College London’s HCI program, but UW is definitely my top choice.

Good luck to all!!

It's great that you got admitted to UCL! Would you mind sharing your background a little bit please? Congrats again!

• 9 months later...
On 1/21/2018 at 8:47 PM, enes1874 said:

Hi guys! Another MHCID applicant here.

I’m a few years out of school (Colorado College ‘14 grad) and have been working in digital marketing/website management for a few years now. I became interested in HCID when I took General Assembly’s UX course this past summer and started doing more web/UX type work at my job.

I was just accepted to University College London’s HCI program, but UW is definitely my top choice.

Good luck to all!!

Heyy! How are you? I was doing research on UCL's HCI program and came across your post. Would you mind letting me know which school did you end up going? I also get accepted to UCL HCI'program for 2019. I am waiting for the decision from UW MHCID now. Would you mind letting me know why you would prefer UW's program over UCL's? Really appreciated! Thank you! 

1 hour ago, wonderkiki said:

Heyy! How are you? I was doing research on UCL's HCI program and came across your post. Would you mind letting me know which school did you end up going? I also get accepted to UCL HCI'program for 2019. I am waiting for the decision from UW MHCID now. Would you mind letting me know why you would prefer UW's program over UCL's? Really appreciated! Thank you! 

Sure thing! I am currently attending UW's program. The major factor for me was the studio cohort model of MHCID and the focus on design alongside HCI. I think it will give me more flexibility coming out to go into tech/traditional HCI or go the design agency route. Seattle was also a huge factor for me just in terms of jobs (I love London and Seattle both as cities, so not as much as a livability thing). All the major tech companies are here and the MHCID program also has a lot of connections to SF if I wanted to move down there. The capstone sponsors for MHCID are incredible (NASA, Google, REI, Microsoft etc...) which you just can't get outside of Seattle or California.

All that being said, UCL is a great school and I'm sure I would have really enjoyed it as well! Feel free to message me if you have other questions.