Pacific University Interview

20 minutes ago, aelwood14 said:

It seriously does! I over the weekend I had to double check my call log to make sure it was real hahaha. I am very anxious for the follow-up email. Do you think you will be accepting their offer? I have been trying to decide if I should make a FB group or if its too early still.

SAME HERE! It's insane. I'm over the moon! And yes, mostly likely will be accepting. Pacific is such a great school, and the faculty are so compassionate. It seems like an amazing learning environment. How about you? Were you at the 2/16 10:30 interview? That's the one I went to. 

11 minutes ago, SLPadawan said:

SAME HERE! It's insane. I'm over the moon! And yes, mostly likely will be accepting. Pacific is such a great school, and the faculty are so compassionate. It seems like an amazing learning environment. How about you? Were you at the 2/16 10:30 interview? That's the one I went to. 

Yes, I was! I interviewed with Dr. Mandulak and her community partner Glen. I absolutely loved both them. Who did you interview with? I felt so welcome there and found that everyone I met was so nice and easy to talk to. It was a completely different environment than what I experienced during my undergrad. And I loved how personal their phone calls were, so much better than a standard email. After my interview, Pacific became my top choice, so I am sure I will be accepting the offer.

8 hours ago, SLPadawan said:

I was at that interview too! And I see you’re from San Diego too so I’m curious if I met you that day! 

But yes I’m just waiting on one school which was originally my top choice because it’s closer and has a bilingual program, but I’m just kind of hoping I get denied so I don’t have to make a choice because I fell in love with Pacific. And the fact that they’re so attentive and personal speaks volumes about their program. 

12 hours ago, andreadls22 said:

I was at that interview too! And I see you’re from San Diego too so I’m curious if I met you that day! 

But yes I’m just waiting on one school which was originally my top choice because it’s closer and has a bilingual program, but I’m just kind of hoping I get denied so I don’t have to make a choice because I fell in love with Pacific. And the fact that they’re so attentive and personal speaks volumes about their program. 

Maybe! I was wearing a cardigan with a flannel under it, does that seem familiar? 

I'm waiting on bilingual programs, too! I was waitlisted for one at Indiana University in Bloomington and I'm waiting on University of Oregon. Which program are you waiting for? Redlands? 
I feel the same way. I loved Pacific so much.

21 hours ago, aelwood14 said:

Yes, I was! I interviewed with Dr. Mandulak and her community partner Glen. I absolutely loved both them. Who did you interview with? I felt so welcome there and found that everyone I met was so nice and easy to talk to. It was a completely different environment than what I experienced during my undergrad. And I loved how personal their phone calls were, so much better than a standard email. After my interview, Pacific became my top choice, so I am sure I will be accepting the offer.

I interviewed with Dr. Frost and her community partner. Kit, the grad student whose group I was in to get called in for interviews helped me so much. I was so nervous before the interview and she answered my questions and helped calm my nerves! Everyone seems so great there. 

They really do! I actually knew my graduate student mentor from undergrad! Total coincidence and not planned, I kind of forgot she was even going to school there! So it was super nice to see her and catch up! She told me it's a blessing to go there every day and she is never stressed out over school work because of the way they have the schedule set up. She also made me feel less nervous about my interview and told me all of the professors have an "open door" policy and you can walk down the hall and every one of them will say hi or ask if they can help you in any way! To me, this is huge because I felt like I had no support from my professors during my undergrad. 

Your interview outfit doesn't sound familiar to me, but I was little nervous and wasn't paying that much attention. Maybe you remember seeing me? I had on navy ankle cropped slacks, a light green cardigan, and a floral blouse.

11 minutes ago, SLPadawan said:

I interviewed with Dr. Frost and her community partner. Kit, the grad student whose group I was in to get called in for interviews helped me so much. I was so nervous before the interview and she answered my questions and helped calm my nerves! Everyone seems so great there. 

Edited by aelwood14

52 minutes ago, SLPadawan said:

Maybe! I was wearing a cardigan with a flannel under it, does that seem familiar? 

I'm waiting on bilingual programs, too! I was waitlisted for one at Indiana University in Bloomington and I'm waiting on University of Oregon. Which program are you waiting for? Redlands? 
I feel the same way. I loved Pacific so much.

I think I do remember you but I don’t want to say for sure.. I talked to two other girls from SD and Idk if there was more but if not then you must’ve been one of them lol. 

Yup I’m just waiting on Redlands! But because I know nothing about what the program is actually like it’s really tough to put it back on top. 

For those that were accepted, have you received the follow-up email from Diana yet? I thought I would have gotten it by now and honestly my acceptance doesn't quite feel real without the email haha.

I haven't got it either, and I keep wondering if they called the wrong person lol, but I got a call from Mandulak herself so it has to be real right? xD 

My best guess is that they're still calling people and will send out the email all together!

6 minutes ago, andreadls22 said:

I haven't got it either, and I keep wondering if they called the wrong person lol, but I got a call from Mandulak herself so it has to be real right? xD 

My best guess is that they're still calling people and will send out the email all together!

Haha I literally took a screenshot of my call history because so far its the only proof that I have haha. Mandulak was on my phone call as well, which I thought was super sweet that she made sure she was part of it. I loved her so much!

27 minutes ago, aelwood14 said:

Haha I literally took a screenshot of my call history because so far its the only proof that I have haha. Mandulak was on my phone call as well, which I thought was super sweet that she made sure she was part of it. I loved her so much!

Yes! she wasn't on my phone call but called to apologize for that and to let me know to call her or email her if i need anything, which i thought was the sweetest thing! Totally in love with this school. lol

5 minutes ago, andreadls22 said:

Yes! she wasn't on my phone call but called to apologize for that and to let me know to call her or email her if i need anything, which i thought was the sweetest thing! Totally in love with this school. lol

Oh my gosh, how nice is that?!

On 3/6/2018 at 8:44 AM, aelwood14 said:

They really do! I actually knew my graduate student mentor from undergrad! Total coincidence and not planned, I kind of forgot she was even going to school there! So it was super nice to see her and catch up! She told me it's a blessing to go there every day and she is never stressed out over school work because of the way they have the schedule set up. She also made me feel less nervous about my interview and told me all of the professors have an "open door" policy and you can walk down the hall and every one of them will say hi or ask if they can help you in any way! To me, this is huge because I felt like I had no support from my professors during my undergrad. 

Your interview outfit doesn't sound familiar to me, but I was little nervous and wasn't paying that much attention. Maybe you remember seeing me? I had on navy ankle cropped slacks, a light green cardigan, and a floral blouse.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:06 AM, andreadls22 said:

I think I do remember you but I don’t want to say for sure.. I talked to two other girls from SD and Idk if there was more but if not then you must’ve been one of them lol. 

Yup I’m just waiting on Redlands! But because I know nothing about what the program is actually like it’s really tough to put it back on top. 

I don’t remember you guys either, but aelwood is right when she says we were all so nervous we weren’t really paying attention. If you guys are up for becoming Facebook friends, I can share my name with you through a private message :) 

Still no email. Would it be annoying to ask Diana? 

7 minutes ago, SLPadawan said:

I don’t remember you guys either, but aelwood is right when she says we were all so nervous we weren’t really paying attention. If you guys are up for becoming Facebook friends, I can share my name with you through a private message :) 

Yes, I would love that! I haven't made Pacific U SLP Class of 2020 on fb yet because I was waiting until everyone heard back and made their final decisions. But yes let's be fb friends! 

I don't think it would be annoying, but I was going to wait until Friday or Monday then if nothing still I was going to consider emailing her. I bet she is busy sending out all of the decisions to everyone.

Edited by aelwood14

2 hours ago, SLPadawan said:

2 hours ago, aelwood14 said:

Yes, I would love that! I haven't made Pacific U SLP Class of 2020 on fb yet because I was waiting until everyone heard back and made their final decisions. But yes let's be fb friends! 

I don't think it would be annoying, but I was going to wait until Friday or Monday then if nothing still I was going to consider emailing her. I bet she is busy sending out all of the decisions to everyone.

Yes to being Facebook friends! I agree though, although I’m getting super anxious and want to start planning I say let’s give them a few more days before we start bugging them lol. And considering not too many other people have posted on here they’re probably Not finished! 

9 minutes ago, andreadls22 said:

Yes to being Facebook friends! I agree though, although I’m getting super anxious and want to start planning I say let’s give them a few more days before we start bugging them lol. And considering not too many other people have posted on here they’re probably Not finished! 

I agree! Shoot me a personal message with your name and I will find ya on facebook. :)

1 hour ago, andreadls22 said:

Same here! Message me your name! :) 

On 3/3/2018 at 8:28 AM, aelwood14 said:

Yay! Congrats on the scholarship, that is awesome! Do you think you will be accepting the offer? 

I still have not received an email from Diana explaining the details of the funding. I fell in love with the school and faculty but the cost is what worries me. Im definitely considering attending this school but I haven't heard back yet from the other universities I applied to yet >.< 

31 minutes ago, Mercie1994 said:

I still have not received an email from Diana explaining the details of the funding. I fell in love with the school and faculty but the cost is what worries me. Im definitely considering attending this school but I haven't heard back yet from the other universities I applied to yet >.< 

I’ve been thinking about the cost a lot too. But considering how amazing their program is it might be worth it. Most students from other programs are so stressed out from their work load that they can barely breathe, but at PU they all seemed very relaxed and sane lol. For Me being someone who stresses out a lot over everything, that plays a huge factor. I think I rather invest the money in a program that’s gonna provide me with a supportive environment and keep me mentally healthy, than be in a program in which I am miserable and overwhelmed in.

4 minutes ago, andreadls22 said:

I’ve been thinking about the cost a lot too. But considering how amazing their program is it might be worth it. Most students from other programs are so stressed out from their work load that they can barely breathe, but at PU they all seemed very relaxed and sane lol. For Me being someone who stresses out a lot over everything, that plays a huge factor. I think I rather invest the money in a program that’s gonna provide me with a supportive environment and keep me mentally healthy, than be in a program in which I am miserable and overwhelmed in.

I am a little overwhelmed the high cost of tuition, but like you, I have a feeling it will be worth it. While, it would be cheaper for me to go somewhere else I truly believe Pacific U program would be the best fit for me. I also agree that the graduate student's there do not seem stressed. Jocelyn actually told me that she has never felt stressed once because their program is set up to make you successful. This is huge for me and I truly feel it will be worth it!