Pacific University Interview

On 1/25/2018 at 9:24 PM, PuuOnToast said:

I did! Will be coming from California if anyone wants to be roomies and share a hotel~ Was thinking about staying at the McMenamins edgefield hostel for $30 a night since the hotel that is close is expensive$$$

Edgefield is an hour away. Look at the mcmenamins grand lodge that's in forest grove. 

On 1/29/2018 at 8:08 PM, Spondee said:

Edgefield is an hour away. Look at the mcmenamins grand lodge that's in forest grove. 

Yeah I did't realize it was on the other side of the airport. Grad lodge doesn't have a hostel so I will most likely find an airbnb! 

7 hours ago, PuuOnToast said:

Yeah I did't realize it was on the other side of the airport. Grad lodge doesn't have a hostel so I will most likely find an airbnb! 

Yeah, a room at the grand lodge hotel usually will run you about $70-80. 

Edited by Spondee

On 1/24/2018 at 10:16 PM, weewaffle2017 said:

I just received an email today that I was invited to the Feb 24th interview :) I live in Michigan so it's going to be a bit of a trip but I think I"m gonna go.

They let me arrange a Skype interview! It would cost me almost $500 to physically go to the interview on the 16th (on such short notice). 

Hi everyone!

Just today I was invited to interview on Feb. 16th, however, I think I will be opting for a Skype interview. If I can figure out a way to make the in-person interview, I will be driving from San Francisco and staying with friends in Portland area. Good luck to everyone!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

For those of you that have interview already, how long was the actual interview? They chunked out like 2 hours for the mixer/interview and I'm guessing it's probably not going to be that long...

Also, I heard that some local SLPs do some of the interviews, are they pretty knowledgeable about the school (can I ask them questions about the program)?

Thanks and best of luck!!

3 hours ago, SHLKPD said:

Hello!

For those of you that have interview already, how long was the actual interview? They chunked out like 2 hours for the mixer/interview and I'm guessing it's probably not going to be that long...

Also, I heard that some local SLPs do some of the interviews, are they pretty knowledgeable about the school (can I ask them questions about the program)?

Thanks and best of luck!!

Hey! I just got home from my interview visit- you are going to love it! My actual interview took about 20 minutes. My grad student mentor told me each interview has a 15-20 minute time slot. You will be interviewed by one professor or CSD faculty member and their "community partner". The community partners seemed to be very close with each faculty member. So yes, you will be able to ask those community partner questions as well as, the professor that interviews you. While you are not in your interview, you will be in a large room with some of the current grad students and other interviewees (the Mixer). You can ask all of the current grad students any questions or concerns you may have about the program. Everyone is so open and friendly there, so just be yourself! I'm sure you will do great. :) 

Best of luck to you! 

13 hours ago, GeeLee said:

How are you all dressing for the interview? I’m from SoCal so I know I will be freezing, but how do you stay warm while looking professional? Haha 

I went to White House Black Market at bought a business casual outfit. I went with cropped slacks, a blouse, and paired it with matching cardigan. For shoes I wore a nice pair of flats. I also brought a nice raincoat. There is a tour of campus that is outside and it will more than likely be raining. Mostly everyone that was interviewing  wore black, white and gray. I choose to go with a pop color to show my personality and because I didn't want to blend in. All of the professors had on color (as with the 1st grad student mentors). I think as long as you look put together and look presentable and nice you will be fine! I would pick an outfit you feel comfortable and confident in. Just be yourself really! You will love it, everyone was so nice and friendly. As soon as I got there I felt calm and comfortable, when in reality I was expecting my anxiety to be through the roof!

Best of luck! I'm sure will rock it. :)

2 hours ago, aelwood14 said:

I went to White House Black Market at bought a business casual outfit. I went with cropped slacks, a blouse, and paired it with matching cardigan. For shoes I wore a nice pair of flats. I also brought a nice raincoat. There is a tour of campus that is outside and it will more than likely be raining. Mostly everyone that was interviewing  wore black, white and gray. I choose to go with a pop color to show my personality and because I didn't want to blend in. All of the professors had on color (as with the 1st grad student mentors). I think as long as you look put together and look presentable and nice you will be fine! I would pick an outfit you feel comfortable and confident in. Just be yourself really! You will love it, everyone was so nice and friendly. As soon as I got there I felt calm and comfortable, when in reality I was expecting my anxiety to be through the roof!

Best of luck! I'm sure will rock it. :)

Thank you!! How many applicants were there?

5 minutes ago, GeeLee said:

Thank you!! How many applicants were there?

It's hard to say... I heard in passing that there are 150 people being interviewed, but then I also heard that wasn't the true number. I was in the afternoon group and arrived a half an hour before the morning group ended. If I had to guess, I would say about 70 people interviewed in person (between both groups) and then the professors also had Skype interviews scheduled. BUT with all that being said, it feels great to make it past the first round. The wait has been slowly killing me...

On 2/21/2018 at 8:36 PM, GeeLee said:

How are you all dressing for the interview? I’m from SoCal so I know I will be freezing, but how do you stay warm while looking professional? Haha 

Coming from San Diego so I feel your pain. Couldn't even find a winter coat to buy....here's to freezing our butts off!! 

8 hours ago, SLPadawan said:

Anyone else’s anxiety levels through the roof waiting for a call back?! I caved and called Diana yesterday. She said we’ll hear next week at the earliest. 

Thanks for letting us know!! :)