Master of teaching OISE 2018

Saf88

8 hours ago, Phoenix1781 said:

so this means that they have till Thursday to reply since they don't do weekends the end of the month would have to be Thursday since Friday is a holiday

thats only for people that applied by the Nov. 15th deadline right?

On 26/03/2018 at 1:19 PM, Saf88 said:

Congratulations!  I'm sorry to hear that you have more waiting to do. 

I wonder why applications are still open if they don't have enough space...

Thank you and I agree, it does not make much sense at all.

12 minutes ago, hopeoise said:

August? No way... They said they expect that most applicants hear back by the end of this month. 

I heard back on the 26th and they waitlisted me, in other words I am waiting to hear back between now and mid-August. 

I just called them. The lady told me that if you applied by the Nov. 15 deadline, then you should expect a decision this week and/or early next week. If not (I applied late Jan), then the application takes 8 to 10 weeks to be processed and I should hear back by Spring. I told her if I applied late Jan/ early Feb then 10 weeks can take me to mid April, she told me yeah that's when we usually expect others to hear back but it is not definite and it can be later than that. I'm just going to stop obsessively check because obviously I (and anyone else who applied after the Nov.15 deadline) won't hear back for at least a couple more weeks. Good luck to everyone else!

Edited by hopeoise

Hey guys.. I've just found this site today! It's March 28th and I'm still waiting.. how about every one else? I applied mid-October to all divisions (I/S 1st Choice, with my teachables as Math and English-- any fellow Math or English people here?). I currently go to UTSC with a double major in Math and English.

I wonder if they will give out results on Friday because it's a holiday? 

Edited by Jules24

15 hours ago, Jules24 said:

What happens to the people at the end of the review pile if they've already sent out the max amount of acceptances? -- without even looking at the end of the pile peoples applications. 

Oh man.. this is so stressful!

It kinda sucks that there isn't much info about the review process.

I feel like we have no other choice but to be patient...

19 hours ago, hopeoise said:

I just called them. The lady told me that if you applied by the Nov. 15 deadline, then you should expect a decision this week and/or early next week. If not (I applied late Jan), then the application takes 8 to 10 weeks to be processed and I should hear back by Spring. I told her if I applied late Jan/ early Feb then 10 weeks can take me to mid April, she told me yeah that's when we usually expect others to hear back but it is not definite and it can be later than that. I'm just going to stop obsessively check because obviously I (and anyone else who applied after the Nov.15 deadline) won't hear back for at least a couple more weeks. Good luck to everyone else!

Thanks so much for letting us know! 

Anyone hear back? 

Edited by Saf88

2 hours ago, SoooImpatient said:

I'm so glad I have you guys. I would be going insane if I had to wait by myself. I can't believe it's taking this long. I already know 3 people that got rejected to the program, but that was around the beginning of March (and one around the 20th). 

I know I’m so glad! It helps so much. People have received rejection letters!? That gives me a little bit of hope then! 

2 hours ago, SoooImpatient said:

I'm so glad I have you guys. I would be going insane if I had to wait by myself. I can't believe it's taking this long. I already know 3 people that got rejected to the program, but that was around the beginning of March (and one around the 20th). 

I agree 100%. The communication really helps! Thanks everyone!!!

Do you know why they were rejected? What was the reason?

Hey Guys! I called them as well, and yes-- they said they didn't review the last batch yet. If we don't hear a response 1 week from today to get in contact with the head of the department. Also, they said they aren't sending out responses tomrrow because its Good Friday.

I hope this helps everyone!

1 hour ago, Jules24 said:

Hey Guys! I called them as well, and yes-- they said they didn't review the last batch yet. If we don't hear a response 1 week from today to get in contact with the head of the department. Also, they said they aren't sending out responses tomrrow because its Good Friday.

I hope this helps everyone!

The people that got rejected applied after I did, so I wonder what their process is... 

2 hours ago, Saf88 said:

I agree 100%. The communication really helps! Thanks everyone!!!

Do you know why they were rejected? What was the reason?

The only reason given was that their applications were't sufficiently strong because they had a lot of really good candidates apply. 

2 hours ago, Jules24 said:

If you guys dont mind me asking, what is your last years GPA? (Also by last year they mean your last 10 C or D level courses) Mine is a 3.25.. I'm scared. I have lots of in class experience etc though... 

I have a friend that got accepted with a 2.98 GPA last year into the J/I program.  

My GPA for the last year was 3.49, but my overall GPA is 2.7. I'll let you all know if I get in LOL. 

8 hours ago, SoooImpatient said:

The people that got rejected applied after I did, so I wonder what their process is... 

The only reason given was that their applications were't sufficiently strong because they had a lot of really good candidates apply. 

My GPA for the last year was 3.49, but my overall GPA is 2.7. I'll let you all know if I get in LOL. 

I wonder too..  But I have a few friends who got accepted. I tried to ask the department on the phone but they said it's random. When did you apply? (Sorry I don't know if you've already posted this).

Also did your last year GPA consist of just your senior year credits like no first or second year courses? (Is that how we calculate it?)

Have you applied with I/S as your first choice and what's your teachable(s)? Because the people I know that got in are all in other divisions. But I read back on this forum and a few people in I/S got in. 

Im honestly so scared.. do you guys have any plans on what you'l be doing if the results are bad? 

I can't find anyone who has chosen Math as their teachable subject.. and I want to see if anyone with similar teachables got results..

LOL its funny because I always try to think of theories of how they let out results. 

Also do we calculate GPA with this Fall 2017 semester? Or just our third year? 

Edited by Jules24

57 minutes ago, Jules24 said:

On their Facebook group they had a meet and great for "all" the potential teacher candiants March 28th... 

Is your guys last names first letter at the end of the alphabet? 

Was that for the MT program or the MACSE? 

Edited by Saf88

5 hours ago, Jules24 said:

I wonder too..  But I have a few friends who got accepted. I tried to ask the department on the phone but they said it's random. When did you apply? (Sorry I don't know if you've already posted this).

Also did your last year GPA consist of just your senior year credits like no first or second year courses? (Is that how we calculate it?)

Have you applied with I/S as your first choice and what's your teachable(s)? Because the people I know that got in are all in other divisions. But I read back on this forum and a few people in I/S got in. 

Im honestly so scared.. do you guys have any plans on what you'l be doing if the results are bad? 

Hey I got into I/S with Bio/Gen sci as my teachables on March 2nd (applied in Nov)... 

My average for 4th year was 86% (3.8/4 overall GPA). Even though in first year I got a 90 in chem and a 93 in physics they didn't count that towards my acceptance (gen sci part). They just look at 4th year marks (not sure how it works if you're applying DURING 4th) and rank you based on that, as stated on their website. All other I/S course requirements are just to make sure you have taken them, but not counted towards the average.

Good luck everyone! 

Edited by OISEmt