Master of teaching OISE 2018

Saf88

33 minutes ago, Jules24 said:

Thanks so much for your response! If anyone knows how they take your GPA while actually in 4th year let me know.. because wouldn't they only be able to see Fall 2017 marks for our final year? 

I'm currently in my 4th year and got in I/S (Biology and Social Science). In this case they take your 3rd year average into consideration! However, the offer I got is conditional. It states that a mid-B average has to be maintained in the final year. Hopefully this helps!

Good luck :) I'm hoping for the best! 

1 hour ago, Jules24 said:

Nothing for me either and I applied like first week of November. I'm still wondering if they are doing it alphabetically? 

I’m not too sure, my friend found out that she got in March 3 and her last name starts with a P and mine starts with a C :( 

On 2018-03-29 at 11:05 PM, Jules24 said:

Hey Guys! I called them as well, and yes-- they said they didn't review the last batch yet. If we don't hear a response 1 week from today to get in contact with the head of the department. Also, they said they aren't sending out responses tomrrow because its Good Friday.

I hope this helps everyone!

Sooo...what now? 

It's been a week...should we contact again or let it be?

Edited by Saf88

16 minutes ago, Jules24 said:

Hey I contacted them via email (the head) and they said due to a higher volume of applications they will send out decisions beyond March 30th.. 

I contacted the head too (just now) and she told me to send her an email. They can't give us any information unless it has already been sent out I was told. 

Just got an email back saying that a decision has been made, and it should arrive next week. Since I haven't gotten an email and acorn didn't update, I and confident that I have been rejected, and that by next week rejection letters will arrive. 

This is so frustrating

4000+ hours of teaching experience in areal class room, and 3 teaching related certificates, and still can't get in.

Best of luck to those who are still in. Thanks for being an awesome community!

17 minutes ago, hopeful25 said:

I contacted the head too (just now) and she told me to send her an email. They can't give us any information unless it has already been sent out I was told. 

Just got an email back saying that a decision has been made, and it should arrive next week. Since I haven't gotten an email and acorn didn't update, I and confident that I have been rejected, and that by next week rejection letters will arrive. 

This is so frustrating

4000+ hours of teaching experience in areal class room, and 3 teaching related certificates, and still can't get in.

Best of luck to those who are still in. Thanks for being an awesome community!

What was your GPA if you don't mind me asking? 

I am on the same boat as you, I have great teaching experiemce too. Also, I have two friends that got rejected and they got emails. So maybe she means the email will be sent out by next week? Maybe you got in, they just didn't send a response out yet.. 

Did you apply before Nov 15th? Did you email a lady named Cheryl?

18 minutes ago, Jules24 said:

What was your GPA if you don't mind me asking? 

I am on the same boat as you, I have great teaching experiemce too. Also, I have two friends that got rejected and they got emails. So maybe she means the email will be sent out by next week? Maybe you got in, they just didn't send a response out yet.. 

Did you apply before Nov 15th? Did you email a lady named Cheryl?

I'm not sure how to calculate my GPA. My 5 lastest courses averaged out to an 86.7, but my GPA overall is low. Top 5 lv 3 and 4 credit average out to around 76-77. 

I applied before Nov 15, and I emailed Clare Brett, and she talked to someone else:/

58 minutes ago, Jules24 said:

Hey I contacted them via email (the head) and they said due to a higher volume of applications they will send out decisions beyond March 30th.. 

Then why is the application still open?! Ggggaaahhh! 

Makes no sense to me

1 hour ago, hopeful25 said:

I'm not sure how to calculate my GPA. My 5 lastest courses averaged out to an 86.7, but my GPA overall is low. Top 5 lv 3 and 4 credit average out to around 76-77. 

I applied before Nov 15, and I emailed Clare Brett, and she talked to someone else:/

It's not your overall average, its your last 10 courses that are level 3 or level 4. If you don't go to Uoft search on Google UTSC GPA calculator and make each course weight 0.5 and enter your last 10 credit grades there. You don't have to put course codes. 

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, hopeful25 said:

Btw, what's your teachables and what division have you applied too? 

11 hours ago, Jules24 said:

Hey, do you mind telling us their email? I can't find any info on who I should email to ask... 

Has anybody else who applied before the November deadline not received a response yet? I'm wondering if I should get in contact with an OISE representative given that they said they would provide responses - to those who applied before the November deadline - by the end of March. 

49 minutes ago, OCRYSE said:

Has anybody else who applied before the November deadline not received a response yet? I'm wondering if I should get in contact with an OISE representative given that they said they would provide responses - to those who applied before the November deadline - by the end of March. 

You can try to email them.. but they stated they are still sending out decisions past March 31st.. even for the people who applied before Nov 15th.