Columbia Social Work Program Fall 2018

lanabeni

4 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

I agree! I think they are feeling the pressure to give out some kind of explanation, but the one they're providing just makes them seem super disorganized. Maybe I'm wrong and it makes sense behind the scenes, but at this point, I kinda doubt it.

The only upside to this is we're all bonding through the pain of this admissions process. The class of 2020 will be the closest yet?

3 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

The only upside to this is we're all bonding through the pain of this admissions process. The class of 2020 will be the closest yet?

Haha, there is that. :) I also think it will be helpful for future applicants to have this thread... if they don't get sick of all my jabbering and give up by page 12, lol. :D

Haha, there is that. :) I also think it will be helpful for future applicants to have this thread... if they don't get sick of all my jabbering and give up by page 12, lol. :D

It might end up deterring future applicants. Which I guess would help those that do actually apply. They might even luck out and hear back in January if the applicants are down?

4 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

It might end up deterring future applicants. Which I guess would help those that do actually apply. They might even luck out and hear back in January if the applicants are down?

Ha! Yeah, I think this year is very atypical, but who knows.

Hi Guys!

I been a long long long time lurker and I just decided to make an account. So I can give any inputs if needed.  I was accepted to Columbia University on 2/16 to the reduced residency program with a concentration in Clinical and Mental health. I sumbitted my application on 1/20 and I received a confirmed email on 1/27 stating application was completed. Im CURRENTLY waiting for an email regarding financial. I have to submit my decision by 3/16, since I was only given 30 days to decide. I will probably be calling the school by next Monday and ask for an extension, until I receive any scholarship information. 

12 minutes ago, SSocial said:

Hi Guys!

I been a long long long time lurker and I just decided to make an account. So I can give any inputs if needed.  I was accepted to Columbia University on 2/16 to the reduced residency program with a concentration in Clinical and Mental health. I sumbitted my application on 1/20 and I received a confirmed email on 1/27 stating application was completed. Im CURRENTLY waiting for an email regarding financial. I have to submit my decision by 3/16, since I was only given 30 days to decide. I will probably be calling the school by next Monday and ask for an extension, until I receive any scholarship information. 

Hey, congrats! Seems like a lot of people are in the same boat in terms of waiting to hear back about financial aid. Idk how they can expect you to make a decision before you know such vital information, lol.

23 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Hey, congrats! Seems like a lot of people are in the same boat in terms of waiting to hear back about financial aid. Idk how they can expect you to make a decision before you know such vital information, lol.

Thank you!!!

It’s  beyond me the way they ‘re thinking! Especially since I have to put down a $400 deposit to hold my spot!! SMH

Edited by SSocial

2 hours ago, SSocial said:

Hi Guys!

Congrats on your acceptance!!

Edited by abswk

3 hours ago, SSocial said:

Hi Guys!

If you call, can you let us know what they say about financial aid/an extension? because i'm 10000% in the same boat

I find it weird that we haven't seen any rejections either. I mean it's pretty anonymous; we know everyone through screen names but not who you are in real life. So even though it might be embarrassing, it would be very helpful in figuring out what's happening. Because I'm getting the feeling they've been sitting on rejections.

Hey y'all, another long time lurker here. Just wanted to add my experience: I applied 11/27 and received my acceptance on 2/16, and as others have mentioned I have until 3/16 to respond. I contacted CSSW at the beginning of this week about financial aid & was told that I will have my financial aid information by 3/16 (still waiting though, lol) but regardless they gave me an extension until 4/3!

49 minutes ago, rosieposie said:

Hey y'all, another long time lurker here. Just wanted to add my experience: I applied 11/27 and received my acceptance on 2/16, and as others have mentioned I have until 3/16 to respond. I contacted CSSW at the beginning of this week about financial aid & was told that I will have my financial aid information by 3/16 (still waiting though, lol) but regardless they gave me an extension until 4/3!

Congrats on your acceptance! What was your concentration and were you residential/online? It seems like last year they released fin aid in the same order as they did acceptances so you may get yours soon. 

20 hours ago, KS100 said:

Hi guys! I've been following this thread since early Feb., but only decided to make an account now - because I'm dying over here! I submitted my application on Jan. 17 for the for 2-year traditional program with a concentration in clinical practice. I'm considering walking over to CUSSW's admissions office and asking about application statuses in person - is this inappropriate? I have no gauge. Appreciate anyone's input... hope everyone's staying warm!

I applied for the same exact program and weird but our initials are the same haha 

1 hour ago, lostxoco said:

Congrats on your acceptance! What was your concentration and were you residential/online? It seems like last year they released fin aid in the same order as they did acceptances so you may get yours soon. 

Thank you! I applied to the residential program with a concentration in clinical practice 

I've seen a lot of 2 year individuals being accepted has any advance standing peeps heard? Also I have a theory about rejections, I think they are going to sit on them until they accepted all they can and then send them out, that's what my undergrad did ( UT )

5 minutes ago, sjbarton93 said:

I've seen a lot of 2 year individuals being accepted has any advance standing peeps heard? Also I have a theory about rejections, I think they are going to sit on them until they accepted all they can and then send them out, that's what my undergrad did ( UT )

I tend to think you're right as we haven't seen one single rejection posted... someone on here said that the representative they talked to said that some rejections have been sent out, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I honestly think they're sitting on the rejections. There's no way they haven't gotten to my application yet when people who applied after me have heard. And I seem to be the earliest to apply that I've seen on here (November 11). I would rather they just send it so I can start making other arrangements.

I honestly think they're sitting on the rejections. There's no way they haven't gotten to my application yet when people who applied after me have heard. And I seem to be the earliest to apply that I've seen on here (November 11). I would rather they just send it so I can start making other arrangements.

Yeah, regardless of what the decision is, it really sucks that they're keeping you hanging, imho - but it would be kind of awful to make you wait this long just to learn you weren't accepted.

Yeah, regardless of what the decision is, it really sucks that they're keeping you hanging, imho - but it would be kind of awful to make you wait this long just to learn you weren't accepted.

I wouldn't even be upset if I was rejected at this point. I would be more upset that they made me wait for forever just to tell me that. I just want to know! 

I wouldn't even be upset if I was rejected at this point. I would be more upset that they made me wait for forever just to tell me that. I just want to know! 

Yeah, that's fair. I also just want to know but I've only been waiting three weeks so I can't really complain, haha.

6 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Yeah, that's fair. I also just want to know but I've only been waiting three weeks so I can't really complain, haha.

Although you would think if it was a rejection they would've just sent it after I told them I had a March 15 deadline at another school. I honestly don't know what to expect at this point. The crazy thing is I wasn't expecting to hear back until March because that's what they had online but then they started telling people they would hear mid-January/early February and that's what's got me so anxious!

7 minutes ago, Sunset95 said:

Although you would think if it was a rejection they would've just sent it after I told them I had a March 15 deadline at another school. I honestly don't know what to expect at this point. The crazy thing is I wasn't expecting to hear back until March because that's what they had online but then they started telling people they would hear mid-January/early February and that's what's got me so anxious!

Yeah, this forum is both helpful and anxiety-inducing, lol. I really don't know why they would say that if they were so behind on reading applications. Ah well. At least we're all suffering together?

7 minutes ago, doctormelody said:

Yeah, this forum is both helpful and anxiety-inducing, lol. I really don't know why they would say that if they were so behind on reading applications. Ah well. At least we're all suffering together?

That's true lol. This forum has been very therapeutic for me because no one in my everyday life can understand this particular struggle?