Let’s talk books

I've been trying to mostly read "fun" (non-academic) books in this waiting period, but I was gifted a copy of Nicole Seymour's "Bad Environmentalism" and have been tearing through it. Any other ecocrit/ queer theory people that have read it???

On 1/7/2019 at 2:27 PM, illcounsel said:

I've been trying to mostly read "fun" (non-academic) books in this waiting period

Same! In my own way of sticking to academic-related books though, I finished an epistolary novel called Dear Committee Members which utilized recommendation letters. Absolutely hilarious! 

I started Jesmyn Ward's Sing, Unburied, Sing recently. I'm also reading a popular science book called Why We Sleep (which is convincing me to sleep a little bit more/better!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Reading Their Dogs Came with Them based on a suggestion from someone here (sorry, I don't remember who) and I want to say thank you, whoever you are!  Read for three hours tonight and it was the first time I haven't felt anxious and distracted in weeks.  It's such a fascinating story already and so beautifully told!