The University of Texas at Dallas

2 hours ago, slpmayb said:

Has anyone heard back from UTD?

Still waiting!!! This is my top choice and I really want to go here but there has been no update for my status and no time frame on when the decision will be made... trying to be optimistic 

On 3/13/2018 at 6:05 PM, broca's aphasia said:

Has anyone heard about packages from the financial aid office yet?  I've yet to hear anything and when I call they have no timeframe that they can give me.

What do you mean by packages?  If you applied to FASFA you might get some information on that, but UTD doesn't tend to have a lot of funding to give out to students if that is what you're referring to.  You can always call their financial aid department to get more information.  

Maybe I can help with the financial aid info--Dr. Stillman said that UT-Dallas typically awards some out-of-state students with in-state tuition scholarships.  Some people have been awarded at the time of admission; others will be notified 1~2 weeks after they return from spring break (which they just finished)--you will probably hear back in 2 weeks at the latest.  Good luck :)

I was mostly talking about loans and grants that a school’s financial aid office gives, not any departmental scholarships or waivers because as it’s already been pointed out, UTD has very few of those and I’m not out of state anyway.  I just wanted to see if anyone has heard about aid packages from the financial aid office because that’s all I’m waiting on.

does anyone know if they are still accepting people? There hasn't been any update to my status so I'm wondering if I am on some sort of waitlist or just haven't been rejected yet? Any insight would be great because I would like to hear back from them before making any decisions and it's getting close to the deadline for other schools. 

6 hours ago, L123 said:

does anyone know if they are still accepting people? There hasn't been any update to my status so I'm wondering if I am on some sort of waitlist or just haven't been rejected yet? Any insight would be great because I would like to hear back from them before making any decisions and it's getting close to the deadline for other schools. 

I asked on Friday, and I received an email back today saying that they are still accepting people. She said that all letters will be sent out by registration, and she personally thinks that they will all be sent out by mid-April. 

8 hours ago, bee1021 said:

I asked on Friday, and I received an email back today saying that they are still accepting people. She said that all letters will be sent out by registration, and she personally thinks that they will all be sent out by mid-April. 

Mid-April? That's so late! Most schools need decisions by then. Oh well! Thanks for the update :) 

10 hours ago, bee1021 said:

do you know when registration is?

Hi all! I just got accepted to the Fall program at UT Dallas as well! Excited to meet you guys. 

Does anyone know whether or not there will be some sort of orientation day / opening day / registration day? I'm from out of state and want to be sure to plan a trip beforehand if needed. 

Thanks! 

Yes, they are still accepting people.  It's rolling admissions so they have to wait for others to decline before they can offer those spots to other prospective students.  It's the other students not letting UTD know that really holds up the process.  That being said they'll probably continue to sort through the remaining applications the next couple of weeks to try to let everyone know before their other school's deadlines.  

Orientation for all new students is held the morning of your first day of school during your first week of classes because they know everyone will be in town.  Clinic orientations are also held that first week of classes.  You can talk with your advisor about registering, but everyone takes the same classes their first semester so there isn't a big point in coming into town early for that. 

Congrats, you're going to love the program! 

On 3/27/2018 at 10:21 AM, lbh33 said:

do you know when registration is?

I just checked online and it says the last day for registration is August 16th. I'm not sure if that is what she meant. She did not say a specific date in the email. 

• 2 weeks later...