I've been wondering the same for so long now! I saw that people found out just around this time last year and in previous years, so I was hopeful we'd find out this week, to no avail (yet). I'm hoping that we'll hear back by the end of this week at the earliest or the end of next week at the latest! Or that one brave soul will call the department/admissions maybe?

53 minutes ago, MassSLP2be said:

I've been wondering the same for so long now! I saw that people found out just around this time last year and in previous years, so I was hopeful we'd find out this week, to no avail (yet). I'm hoping that we'll hear back by the end of this week at the earliest or the end of next week at the latest! Or that one brave soul will call the department/admissions maybe?

If it seems nobody has heard back by the end of next week, I'll probably call! I'm so anxious haha

Since I read this post and looked back at the results, I've been obsessively checking my portal and email. Yesterday I was trying to log into Spire and there were technical difficulties, so my first thought was "Ooh, I bet they're updating my results!" Nope.

It's probably also not a good sign that I've been checking the results page about 3 times a day. I'm also waiting on Northwestern, and if they follow the same pattern as last year we won'r hear anything until the first week or two of March, and yet I'm still checking far too often.

I hate being in limbo!!!!

Edited by bibliophile222
wanted to add to my post

I heard that the admissions part of SPIRE was down for a few weeks after the deadline, leaving the committee unable to even look at applications at a crucial time, much less review and discuss them. So, I think notifications might be a little bit later this year than in previous years.

50 minutes ago, jfgslp said:

I heard that the admissions part of SPIRE was down for a few weeks after the deadline, leaving the committee unable to even look at applications at a crucial time, much less review and discuss them. So, I think notifications might be a little bit later this year than in previous years.

oh my gosh, I hope we don't have to wait a few more weeks!

4 hours ago, jfgslp said:

A piece of my remaining sanity just keeled over and died. How am I going to be able to function until April 15th???

Seriously, though, if this is the case it doesn't surprise me. Like Massachusetts in general, Umass is known for its massive bureaucracy and resulting paperwork fiascos. Years ago my ex-housemate had to submit a document (can't remember what it was, but definitely important) three times because they kept losing it. Hopefully things have changed since then, but...

1 hour ago, SLP2018applicant said:

I was accepted to Umass last night at 10pm via email from the program director. Very excited! Is anyone a Umass undergrad, or someone more familiar that can tell me more about the program?

Congratulations! That makes me nervous that I still haven't heard back, did you know the program director personally? / Has the change been made on your SPIRE account? Really hoping to get in here.

43 minutes ago, slp2be0827 said:

Congratulations! That makes me nervous that I still haven't heard back, did you know the program director personally? / Has the change been made on your SPIRE account? Really hoping to get in here.

Thank you! I did not know the program director personally- I am out of state. The change has not yet been made on my SPIRE account, however, the email noted that not everyone has been notified yet. 

58 minutes ago, slp2be0827 said:

But good luck!! I'm sure you'll hear back soon :-) 

11 minutes ago, Mel.SLP.2018 said:

Just got wait-listed via email... This is bittersweet (since I'm glad I got wait-listed and not denied).. but now for another waiting game!!

I got waitlisted too, burst out crying. This waiting game is so stressful, and so far I've been waitlisted everywhere. Beginning to get really nervous, especially because I had high hopes for UMASS.

43 minutes ago, slp2be0827 said:

I got waitlisted too, burst out crying. This waiting game is so stressful, and so far I've been waitlisted everywhere. Beginning to get really nervous, especially because I had high hopes for UMASS.

oh no!! don't cry! its definitely a good thing. The people they accepted seemed to haev very high GRE (especially writing). Some were nontraditional students also. There's still hope!!! Where did you apply?

5 minutes ago, Mel.SLP.2018 said:

oh no!! don't cry! its definitely a good thing. The people they accepted seemed to haev very high GRE (especially writing). Some were nontraditional students also. There's still hope!!! Where did you apply?

Thank you! It’s just a lot more competitive than I expected. I noticed that about the GREs though. I applied to Emerson, MGH, University of South Florida, UMASS and Bridgewater State University. Interviewed at Emerson, waitlisted at USF (and now UMASS) and rejected from MGH (my reach school). Still waiting to hear back from Emerson and BSU. Emerson is my next choice, hoping to hear back from there. What about yourself?

21 minutes ago, slp2be0827 said:

Thank you! It’s just a lot more competitive than I expected. I noticed that about the GREs though. I applied to Emerson, MGH, University of South Florida, UMASS and Bridgewater State University. Interviewed at Emerson, waitlisted at USF (and now UMASS) and rejected from MGH (my reach school). Still waiting to hear back from Emerson and BSU. Emerson is my next choice, hoping to hear back from there. What about yourself?

Yeah, I pretty much knew about the competitive-ness so I went in expecting the worst! I applied to UMASS, Bridgewater State, University of New Hampshire and Worcester State. I've been accepted to UNH so far which I was very happy about since it was one of my top, along with UMASS. Bridgewater is a fairly new program so I'm not sure how I feel about it and I'm not sure when we will hear back since their deadline was in march! Worcester im not too worried about but it'll be a cheap option if i get in haha. You are still waiting to hear from Emerson? Good luck!! did people start hearing back from them? I'm sure you'll get accepted to at least one! I'm thinking Bridgewater wont have to many applicants since its so new but who knows!

11 hours ago, Mel.SLP.2018 said:

Yeah, I pretty much knew about the competitive-ness so I went in expecting the worst! I applied to UMASS, Bridgewater State, University of New Hampshire and Worcester State. I've been accepted to UNH so far which I was very happy about since it was one of my top, along with UMASS. Bridgewater is a fairly new program so I'm not sure how I feel about it and I'm not sure when we will hear back since their deadline was in march! Worcester im not too worried about but it'll be a cheap option if i get in haha. You are still waiting to hear from Emerson? Good luck!! did people start hearing back from them? I'm sure you'll get accepted to at least one! I'm thinking Bridgewater wont have to many applicants since its so new but who knows!

I go to Bridgewater now for COMD and I would prefer to go to a different school just to meet new professors and get different opinions, but it is my safety school so I guess I could fall back on that if I really wanted. No one has heard from Emerson yet, they are on spring break right now but I am hoping to hear back next week. I've heard some good things about UMASS' program and it is well priced compared to Emerson, hopefully we won't have to wait until April 15th. At least you've been accepted somewhere, I think that's what is scaring me the most is that I don't have any acceptances. Wishing I applied to more schools now but it was so expensive.

On 3/7/2018 at 8:30 PM, Mel.SLP.2018 said:

I got rejected with very high GRE scores, so the good news for most people (just not me!) is that they do look at more than just GRE. I have no related experience and meh LORs, which obviously weighed against me.

5 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

I got rejected with very high GRE scores, so the good news for most people (just not me!) is that they do look at more than just GRE. I have no related experience and meh LORs, which obviously weighed against me.

Sorry for your rejection, but thanks for sharing and giving some hope to those on the waitlist with average GRE scores. Good luck with your other schools!

On 3/11/2018 at 1:50 PM, bibliophile222 said:

I'm very sorry to hear that! but thank you for the information. I have been waitlisted for UMASS and I have below average GRE scores, i think very good LOR, lots of experience, good personal statement, and I GPA 4.0. I also transferred schools so I technically have 5 years of undergrad under my belt.