Michigan Ford 2018

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, MPP18applicant said:

It seems like this thread is dead this year compared to other schools’ threads and the UM one from last year. Is anyone else out there anxiously awaiting a decision from Ford?

I am quite anxious as Ford is def my top choice! Hopefully our decisions come out soon.

In with 25% funding as well. Similar funding at Harris, waiting on HKS. Congrats to all the admitted students!

Anyone else in a similar spot? I'm pessimistic about Harvard, so it might come down to these two. 

While UChicago would probably be better for my career- I want to work in Chicago long-term- my understanding with Michigan is that they offer strong funding opportunities after the first year, so it might end up being cheaper. Has anyone else heard this?

Edited by MPPChicagoan18

12 minutes ago, MPPChicagoan18 said:

In with 25% funding as well. Similar funding at Harris, waiting on HKS. Congrats to all the admitted students!

Anyone else in a similar spot? I'm pessimistic about Harvard, so it might come down to these two. 

While UChicago would probably be better for my career- I want to work in Chicago long-term- my understanding with Michigan is that they offer strong funding opportunities after the first year, so it might end up being cheaper. Has anyone else heard this?

I'm in a similar boat, but with Chicago and Duke. Harris gave me 25% funding and Sanford gave me over 50%, plus an assistantship, so I'm still trying to figure things out. I got into Ford with 0 funding, so I will probably go somewhere else. Great school though! I just can't afford it.