Humor: The Reveal Cake

A couple of weeks ago, I alluded to making a "University reveal cake" to tell my friends and family which school I had chosen.  Although I meant it as a joke, I decided to embrace my inner snark.  If you also have an inner snark, I highly recommend... THE CAKE

For decorations, I used a Lego Spartan (with a pile of people at the bottom of the "cliff") for MSU, and a Plastic Mold Steam Train for Purdue:

IMG_4265.jpeg.06b15ed1a6519f50dc8b041b2a6667f1.jpeg

And, as my signature shows, the winner was Purdue:

IMG_4266.jpeg.32e1394052d78e0271562344caf81309.jpeg

This is awesome! I live with most of the people I'm revealing to and don't have time to make a cake. I think I may just update my whiteboard of PhD results to say where I've chosen and see how long it takes them to notice...

My mother has already started insisting I need to tell her and am not allowed to wait. My favorite excuse she gave was, "we're helping you move so we need to know what direction we'll be driving." Mom, all of my remaining choices are east of us (we live in California). Guess what? We'll be driving east! Lol.

Also, when I ask her where she wants me to go she keeps saying, "Hawaii" even though I didn't apply there...

4 hours ago, GreenEyedTrombonist said:

This is awesome! I live with most of the people I'm revealing to and don't have time to make a cake. I think I may just update my whiteboard of PhD results to say where I've chosen and see how long it takes them to notice...

I'll admit that I was surprised how many people cared.  I expected about half a dozen people (family and very close friends) to have an active interest, but a surprising number of people wanted me to Facebook Live the reveal.  I figure it was probably appealing to their inner voyeurism.

Here's how I told my parents. For context, we have a whiteboard in the laundry room that I've been using to keep track of my acceptances and their stats. I erased all that, drew this, and gave them a hint in the morning that it was there (after my mother had already started some laundry and not noticed it, haha). The speech bubble says, "[GreenEyedTrombonist] is going to..."

I also sent the picture, with the text, to my sister. :) 

uTkjA2p.jpg