Taking Graduate classes as an undergraduate

Hi all, I am thinking about taking a graduate level class online through ENMU. I am currently on the waitlist and I'm hoping it will help me out. The director of the program said the one in the summer is 6-8 weeks long and moves quickly. I have all summer off bc I work for a school district. This should be perfect, right? I feel a little intimidated bc it's graduate level and fast paced. Has anyone taken a graduate level speech class like this online that is this short? Just looking for other ppls experience with this. Thank you!

I took the graduate level ASD course at ENMU last summer.  It wasn't a CDIS course, but I thought it was very helpful and extremely relevant to the field.  It is pretty intense because you have an assignment due every week, but since you're not working, I think it is definitely manageable.  I was working at an ASD camp 40 hours a week and managed to still get an A.  

42 minutes ago, hellooo said:

I took the graduate level ASD course at ENMU last summer.  It wasn't a CDIS course, but I thought it was very helpful and extremely relevant to the field.  It is pretty intense because you have an assignment due every week, but since you're not working, I think it is definitely manageable.  I was working at an ASD camp 40 hours a week and managed to still get an A.  

Hi,

What is ASD? Sorry if that's a silly question. I'm planning on taking it the class.  Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. :)

4 hours ago, Heyone said:

@hellooo I am required to take four classes online this summer, from your experience would you say that this would be manageable through ENMU's program?

I assume you're taking 2 8-week courses in the Summer 1 session and another 2 8-week courses in the Summer 2 session?  I think it's possible if you are extremely motivated, organized, and have the expectation that you will not have much free time during the summer.  I had an exam/paper/major assignment due every week.  

On 4/25/2018 at 4:45 PM, Ggslpa said:

Hi all, I am thinking about taking a graduate level class online through ENMU. I am currently on the waitlist and I'm hoping it will help me out. The director of the program said the one in the summer is 6-8 weeks long and moves quickly. I have all summer off bc I work for a school district. This should be perfect, right? I feel a little intimidated bc it's graduate level and fast paced. Has anyone taken a graduate level speech class like this online that is this short? Just looking for other ppls experience with this. Thank you!

I'm a graduate student in the program and I do not recommend taking a graduate-level summer course to "help" you out. They are 6-weeks of hell! Unless you plan on not having a life, not sleeping and cramming a ton of info. in your exhausted brain. These classes are not for the faint of heart. It might actually discourage you from wanting to go to graduate school. You're better off taking a regular 16-week course to get used to the pace, workload etc. 

Edited by screechcat