UMich Ford School

dagger

Current students received an e-mail with the following text:

"Well, that time is here again as the Ford School is sending out decision letters this week."

The text was located within an e-mail notifying us that we can sign up to call accepted students next week. I may be calling some of you. smile.gif

Hey Dagger, do you have any advice regarding the Ford School wait list process? Is getting off the wait list a long shot? Thanks!

I received my acceptance email on Monday!

Does anyone know when financial awards notifications go out? My email said "Information about fellowships and financial aid will be forthcoming within the next week," but we all know how next week can turn in several weeks.

Edited by SammieSam

I received my acceptance email on Monday!

Does anyone know when financial awards notifications go out? My email said "Information about fellowships and financial aid will be forthcoming within the next week," but we all know how next week can turn in several weeks.

Waitlisted: I think the fact i applied to the MPA program (min 5 years exp) with little public sector background hurt my app a bit. With two nice ones in the bag, it will be tough to justify sticking this one out...

Admitted into Rackham yesterday. I know that was just a formality but it's nice to be fully admitted. Can't wait to hear about aid! Hoping that at least my wife or I is offered a carrot to choose Ford. Just anything to make our choice easier. All the schools we applied to are schools we would love to attend.

Funding going out (3:00 EST).

The source, again, is my lovely wife who received a full FELLOWSHIP to attend Ford. Insurance and $8,400 stipend provided. Guaranteed the second year. I haven't received anything (yet?). That's two full rides for my amazing wife. Yay!

I'm getting a full scholarship too! In total shock right now.

Fantastic! Congrats! Was this a personal e-mail from an admissions committee member or an automatic e-mail from the FSPP e-mail address? Just trying to see whether I should hold my breath for anything or assume that I'll be paying my own ride. :-)

From FSPP admissions. It was personalized but I'm not sure if it wasn't just a mail merge into a batch email or not. That's why I was wondering about when stucktomyshoe received theirs.

I got mine at 2:08 pm CST--so I guess maybe it was a batch email?

The source, again, is my lovely wife who received a full FELLOWSHIP to attend Ford. Insurance and $8,400 stipend provided. Guaranteed the second year. I haven't received anything (yet?). That's two full rides for my amazing wife. Yay!

Did you wife apply for an MPP?

Man, what is she doing with a joker like you? :)

Since you're married and you'll be paying for both of your degrees out of the same family pot, the way to look at it is that you both got half-rides w/ a $4,200 stipend - a solid package! Then you just owe your wife dinner every night for the next two years ;)

No email for me yet.. I am guessing that means no financial assistance from Ford.. hopefully they will send out a mail saying that

Well, the only aid they've given so far that people have reported seem to have been full fellowships? I'm holding out hope that the lesser merit-based awards are still to come.

Ford is now my first choice so I'm also hoping smaller awards are still to come.

I missed Thursday's call from the current student assigned to me. However, she sent me an email and was really nice. Hopefully we can chat about life at Ford soon.

Did anyone get to chat with a current student? Find out anything useful to share?

No email for me yet.. I am guessing that means no financial assistance from Ford.. hopefully they will send out a mail saying that

In my fellowship email, they said that "Students who have already completed a FAFSA will receive notification from the Office of Financial Aid at the University of Michigan regarding their financial aid award." So I think you all should be getting something soon!

Man, what is she doing with a joker like you? :)

Since you're married and you'll be paying for both of your degrees out of the same family pot, the way to look at it is that you both got half-rides w/ a $4,200 stipend - a solid package! Then you just owe your wife dinner every night for the next two years ;)

Yeah, it's certainly part of the whole equation. Both programs she received a full ride to are excellent for our interests. We didn't expect to have two choices with funding (albeit, it is her funding... tongue.gif). It's exciting no matter how you look at it.

Also, I'm not sure what she's doing with me, honestly. It's our anniversary this week too laugh.gif.

We'll be attending the Preview Day for Ford. Ann Arbor sounds nice but we've never ever been to Michigan...

I just wanted to let you all know--I logged into Wolverine Access and randomly decided to see if they updated my financial aid links--and they did with loan/work study information. If you want to see how much aid you got, you guys should try logging in and see if it shows up.

I just wanted to let you all know--I logged into Wolverine Access and randomly decided to see if they updated my financial aid links--and they did with loan/work study information. If you want to see how much aid you got, you guys should try logging in and see if it shows up.

Not yet for me. They've updated the Cost of Attendance (COA) and have a link saying they request my tax forms. We'll see if I get any other information today. Hopefully.

Has anyone figured out for certain whether or not Ford is done giving out financial awards? I haven't seen anything since people were awarded full fellowships. I was expecting news on minor awards at some point.

Not yet for me. They've updated the Cost of Attendance (COA) and have a link saying they request my tax forms. We'll see if I get any other information today. Hopefully.

Has anyone figured out for certain whether or not Ford is done giving out financial awards? I haven't seen anything since people were awarded full fellowships. I was expecting news on minor awards at some point.

Just wanted to chime in with my status. Ford has updated my COA and the EFC from my FAFSA. There's no award/loan yet but the FA status page says the following:

• Application under Review: Your Financial Aid Application is currently under review. Until your Financial Aid Office has completed this review, your aid eligibility and awards will not be finalized.

Hm. This is alarming. My financial aid offer is half of my estimated need.

Well, I guess I'll wait for all the information to come in before I panic! :blink:

Wow, so you discovered a financial aid award without getting notice from Ford? Is it a scholarship offer or a Stafford loan, or what? Congrats if it's a small merit-based award! Ford was definitely not done giving out funding if that's the case.

That said, I would assume that Ford is just finalizing scholarship stuff now and will leave the government loan "awards" for a future date? I could totally be wrong though.

What does your FA Status page say about your application status?

Wow, so you discovered a financial aid award without getting notice from Ford? Is it a scholarship offer or a Stafford loan, or what? Congrats if it's a small merit-based award! Ford was definitely not done giving out funding if that's the case.

That said, I would assume that Ford is just finalizing scholarship stuff now and will leave the government loan "awards" for a future date? I could totally be wrong though.

What does your FA Status page say about your application status?

My financial aid award was also half my need--it's all loans (and a work study offer). I think the fellowship/merit-based awards will be coming from the program itself, not from the Financial Aid office.