Any SLP Master's Applicants?

SLPtoBe

• 1 month later...

So I need advice...I applied to grad programs last year and got rejected from all of them (Loyola,Towson, UMD, GWU, Radford, JMU etc.) It's pretty rough considering I had a 3.4 GPA but a low GRE score (around 960). Does anyone have any advice for me on schools? I am going to apply again but do not know where to apply to...ugh this is so hard. Any advice would be amazing since you all seemed to have gotten into the schools I wanted to go to... :(

• 1 year later...

So I need advice...I applied to grad programs last year and got rejected from all of them (Loyola,Towson, UMD, GWU, Radford, JMU etc.) It's pretty rough considering I had a 3.4 GPA but a low GRE score (around 960). Does anyone have any advice for me on schools? I am going to apply again but do not know where to apply to...ugh this is so hard. Any advice would be amazing since you all seemed to have gotten into the schools I wanted to go to... :(

hi hmozer-

just saw your post and was curious how things were going. have you applied to any more programs? i also had a low GRE (1060), so what i did was study my tail off and take it again. i was able to improve my score a good amount. your GPA is good, so i would think that if you brought your GRE up and revisited your essay/references you should have no problem getting into a program you'd like.

• 1 month later...

Not many have posted on this topic recently, which is too bad because the posts from 2009 included all the schools I am applying to!!!

If anyone is applying to schools in the DC/MD area (GWU, UMD, Towson, Loyola, etc), and want to chat about them, please post!!

Steph

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering, did anyone else here apply to Northeastern? Have you heard anything one way or another?

I applied to Northeastern and still have not heard a word... hopefully soon!

Hi Steph! I also applied to UMD, Towson and Loyola! I'm moving down to Baltimore from Boston this summer because of my husband's job, so I already know I'll be in the Maryland area. Any thoughts on those schools? Do you know where you're planning to go?

Not many have posted on this topic recently, which is too bad because the posts from 2009 included all the schools I am applying to!!!

If anyone is applying to schools in the DC/MD area (GWU, UMD, Towson, Loyola, etc), and want to chat about them, please post!!

Steph

Hi Steph! I also applied to UMD, Towson and Loyola! I'm moving down to Baltimore from Boston this summer because of my husband's job, so I already know I'll be in the Maryland area. Any thoughts on those schools? Do you know where you're planning to go?

Hey! You are the first person to respond to my post! So far, I got into Towson, waitlisted at UMD and just got rejected from Loyola. Even if I get into any of the schools off the waitlist, I really like Towson and I think that is where I will prolly be going. I posted some of my thoughts on the other forum so I will cut and paste them to you and add extra stuff. Have you visited either of the schools? Did you get accepted to all of them?

Steph

Hi! I responded to your personal message with a lot more info, but for the purposes of this post, I'll rehash a little here. I'm sort of the opposite of you -- I found out today that I was wait listed at Towson, and I was accepted at Loyola and UMD, all for 3 year programs. Towson would by far be the most convenient for me, but I liked Loyola a lot too. I haven't visited UMD yet, but I'm going on Monday for a GA fair. UMD would be a rough commute for me, but I've heard good things about the program. Let me know where you end up going -- if you end up getting accepted at UMD and decide to go, or if I end up getting accepted at Towson and decide to go, we'll be classmates!

Hey! You are the first person to respond to my post! So far, I got into Towson, waitlisted at UMD and just got rejected from Loyola. Even if I get into any of the schools off the waitlist, I really like Towson and I think that is where I will prolly be going. I posted some of my thoughts on the other forum so I will cut and paste them to you and add extra stuff. Have you visited either of the schools? Did you get accepted to all of them?

Steph

• 2 weeks later...

besides having good grades and a good gpa, what other activities and clubs, and hours of shadowing did people do? I am gonna be applying to UCF soon and just wanted some tips!

I

I was/am a member of my school's chapter of NSSLHA and also was in a dance company that raises money for charity. I have worked in a voice research lab for 2 1/2 years as well. I only have about 28-30 hours of shadowing officially recorded, but I'd say unofficially I've observed maybe 40-45.

• 3 months later...