Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering Applicant Profiles for 2019 Admission

Victorious Secret

Any word from UPenn's BioE? It's been a month since the first interview weekend (I know it's only been 4 days since their last weekend, but still..). I've only seen one post on the results page.

Edited by vjysd

28 minutes ago, vjysd said:

Any word from UPenn's BioE? It's been a month since the first interview weekend (I know it's only been 4 days since their last weekend, but still..). I've only seen one post on the results page.

Same as you, friend. Lowkey freaking out.

1 hour ago, vjysd said:

I got my offer last week from my most preferred POI. I think it depends on how fast your POI get through all the interviewees and make the decision. 

On 3/13/2019 at 11:40 AM, bmerunner said:

I heard that Fellowship offers were sent out yesterday, and RA offers will be sent out soon!

Fingers crossed since I haven't heard anything yet and I was considered for RA.

2 hours ago, ruiruiruij said:

I got my offer last week from my most preferred POI. I think it depends on how fast your POI get through all the interviewees and make the decision. 

Yes, I think that too. One of my interviewers was recruiting at the three weekends, so I guess that may be a reason why I haven’t heard back yet.

PS. Congrats!

Edited by drfigue

4 hours ago, vjysd said:

Low key dying waiting, but I guess it's probably going to be next week.

17 hours ago, drfigue said:

Same as you, friend. Lowkey freaking out.

I hope they let us know soon! Hang in there, friend..

16 hours ago, ruiruiruij said:

That makes sense. Congrats :)

14 hours ago, treeaway said:

Low key dying waiting, but I guess it's probably going to be next week.

I'm guessing next week too! Btw, congrats on Hopkins.

On 3/8/2019 at 6:39 PM, sgaw10 said:

I'm with you on Duke, though I feel that nothing at this point is a bad sign. Oh well :(

Congrats on WashU, though! I saw you had an interview with UVA, were you at the 3/1 weekend?

54 minutes ago, WaliaIbex said:

Congrats on WashU, though! I saw you had an interview with UVA, were you at the 3/1 weekend?

Thank you! No, I declined the visit invite after the phone interview. Everyone seems so kind and cool there, though, so I bet you'll love it.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:10 AM, vjysd said:

I hope they let us know soon! Hang in there, friend..

That makes sense. Congrats :)

I'm guessing next week too! Btw, congrats on Hopkins.

Thanks!

On 12/17/2018 at 3:42 AM, trollsloot said:

Same here. I think they mean biomedical/biological sciences. If you check this website https://grenotrequired.com/stem/ you'll see that many engineering programs still require the GRE.

Some require GRE programs and some don't. I think their are many options in both the cases.

12 hours ago, sgaw10 said:

Got my rejection from UT Austin. It's about time :P 

were you waitlisted? or just haven't heard anything until yesterday?

1 hour ago, wrf321 said:

Anyone else get accepted to UPenn (woo!), but still haven't heard about fellowships/advisors? Kinda freaking me out for some reason.

Congrats! Did you get an email from the program administrator? I'm still waiting... I interviewed during the first weekend :(

2 hours ago, wrf321 said:

Anyone else get accepted to UPenn (woo!), but still haven't heard about fellowships/advisors? Kinda freaking me out for some reason.

Hm. Weird. I thought the acceptance would happen if a PI wants you. Did you mean interviewed instead?

22 minutes ago, drfigue said:

Hm. Weird. I thought the acceptance would happen if a PI wants you. Did you mean interviewed instead?

I got my official acceptance letter on March 15th (email to check status), which said I would get another notification from the department about advisors etc. I am pretty sure I'm going to be rotating between labs, maybe that's why it's taking longer? 

Congrats!!! I just know that there are two ways: either direct entry or possible rotation. When did you interview? For sure you shouldn’t be freaking out, I am ?

Edit: and yeah, maybe that is why, since I’ve seen that people have posted that they’ve gotten matched with just one of their interviewers. Hopefully they have started the round of acceptances with people having more than one PI with you.

Edited by drfigue

Wooooooo got that rejection from Northwestern.

But seriously, if anyone reading this who had an interview at Rice is unenthusiastic, please decline the offer ASAP :) and if anyone has any other related details, let me know!