Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering Applicant Profiles for 2019 Admission

Victorious Secret

So it looks like I should be expecting rejections from Northwestern and Utah anytime soon.

Seriously, if anyone reading is iffy about Rice now or after the interview weekend, please, please, please reject the offer ?

Just received another invite for a digital interview with Columbia, once again via RIVS.com ? Need to complete it until Feb 23 and I’m still on vacation abroad....

Is it normal to have multiple digital interviews with the university? Somehow I’m suspecting that this is a technical issue and that I need to answer the same set of questions again...

3 hours ago, yeebioe said:

I still haven't heard anything from UCSD, is it worth reaching out?

I was rejected earlier this month. I have a feeling that they're holding onto applicants who checked the box if they are interested in being considered for master's, which I was not. But it also seems like their funding hasn't been as great this year because a few people in the results page said they would be granted admission IF they win NSF. Of course, it is highly competitive regardless of funding. But I think if you haven't heard anything yet, that could be a reason why.

Has anyone heard from Georgia Tech BME and Wisconsin Madison? Compared to last years it is rather strange that no one has yet been contacted. I see that UCSD, Duke, have given out some interviews, but just curious if they still send out acceptances. Carnegie Mellon was like we are working on it in an email last week, but apparently not yet! 

Edited by BrownEukaryote

On 2/24/2019 at 5:54 PM, sgaw10 said:

I was rejected earlier this month. I have a feeling that they're holding onto applicants who checked the box if they are interested in being considered for master's, which I was not. But it also seems like their funding hasn't been as great this year because a few people in the results page said they would be granted admission IF they win NSF. Of course, it is highly competitive regardless of funding. But I think if you haven't heard anything yet, that could be a reason why.

Thanks for the info! I'm also out of state which I think might make a difference for funding too.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:28 AM, BrownEukaryote said:

Has anyone heard from Georgia Tech BME and Wisconsin Madison? Compared to last years it is rather strange that no one has yet been contacted. I see that UCSD, Duke, have given out some interviews, but just curious if they still send out acceptances. Carnegie Mellon was like we are working on it in an email last week, but apparently not yet! 

I was admitted to Georgia Tech about two weeks ago, but I'm not sure if they send the decisions out periodically or all at once.

On 2/25/2019 at 9:28 AM, BrownEukaryote said:

Hi! I was admitted to GT/Emory BME program back in January. I am not sure if they are done sending invites but the visit weekend is March 7th - 9th (at least for me). I know they didn't send out all decisions at once because before I got mine, other students had received their acceptance letter. Hope this helps. 

23 hours ago, yeebioe said:

I was admitted to Georgia Tech about two weeks ago, but I'm not sure if they send the decisions out periodically or all at once.

Congratulations! GT is one of my top choices and I wish they haven't finalized all the acceptances. :) 

22 hours ago, Y_TheScientist said:

Hi! I was admitted to GT/Emory BME program back in January. I am not sure if they are done sending invites but the visit weekend is March 7th - 9th (at least for me). I know they didn't send out all decisions at once because before I got mine, other students had received their acceptance letter. Hope this helps. 

That's awesome to be accepted that early! Congrats! So apparently they are done sending accepts. (Just curious why there aren't many GT acceptances or rejects in the Results page though) 

Got an email from a POI at a university I was accepted to (#3) basically saying to accept by March 8th but my offer letter says April 15th. Totally put me in a bad mood seeing that today

19 minutes ago, jtro37 said:

Got an email from a POI at a university I was accepted to (#3) basically saying to accept by March 8th but my offer letter says April 15th. Totally put me in a bad mood seeing that today

May I ask which school? sorry to hear that :(

3 hours ago, jtro37 said:

By no means you should decide before April 15th. Did you ask why? That’s a red flag for me, tbh.

3 hours ago, sgaw10 said:

May I ask which school? sorry to hear that :(

By the signature, TAMU? ?

43 minutes ago, drfigue said:

By no means you should decide before April 15th. Did you ask why? That’s a red flag for me, tbh.

By the signature, TAMU? ?

Sorry, I'm on mobile and can't see signatures