Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering Applicant Profiles for 2019 Admission

Victorious Secret

1 minute ago, Y_TheScientist said:

No, just rejected. Guess I wasn't the right fit. They sent me this: "This year our graduate program received a large number of applications for graduate study, and the applicant pool was extremely competitive.  Since we are able to offer admission to only a small fraction of the applicants (fewer than 15%), we cannot accept many students who are well qualified for graduate work." 

I'm sorry to hear that :( I am waitlisted but was wondering if they started sending out rejections to those on the list. Sounds like you have some good options nevertheless!

1 minute ago, treeaway said:

Can relate honestly. Also got the rejection email this morning.

You've got tons of great interviews! Surely everything will be fine :) It's their loss

Hello! Has anyone not received either a rejection or acceptance from UW Seattle? I've haven't heard anything since submitting my application (I assumed I was rejected when interviews were sent out), and I'm a little confused. 

4 minutes ago, anx said:

Hello! Has anyone not received either a rejection or acceptance from UW Seattle? I've haven't heard anything since submitting my application (I assumed I was rejected when interviews were sent out), and I'm a little confused. 

Are you international? It looks like all of the rejections sent out today were for American applicants

6 hours ago, Y_TheScientist said:

Hi! Has anyone heard from Cornell or TAMU? 

I have not heard about acceptance yet but I did get an invitation to campus. Although the PI there already drafted two fellowship submissions for me. I guess it's a matter of time. 

9 hours ago, sgaw10 said:

I just don't have much hope because Penn doesn't really send out any rejections with their interview invites, so it makes more sense to me that I'm already rejected but won't hear back for several months. That's interesting about the government shutdown though. Thank you for sharing!

6 hours ago, Moods said:

I just got rejected from UW Seattle, so everyone beware...

Did you both get the rejection on the same date? I think I will get a rejection too but I'm not sure why they didn't send the rejection out all together. I checked the results and someone got rejected Feb 4 or so. 

4 hours ago, treeaway said:

Can relate honestly. Also got the rejection email this morning.

I think the fact that UW knew some people are so smart they're not going to go there anyway so they don't bother wasting money flying them out.I can see that you got some interviews in very top schools 

7 minutes ago, girlbui said:

Did you both get the rejection on the same date? I think I will get a rejection too but I'm not sure why they didn't send the rejection out all together. I checked the results and someone got rejected Feb 4 or so. 

I believe we both were part of today's rejection wave. I'm not sure why there are a few left who haven't heard yet or received earlier rejections, though. Maybe still trying to figure out funding?

55 minutes ago, girlbui said:

Yeah. I got rejected today. A lot of people did today. At least nine people did today based  on the results. 

On 2/2/2019 at 1:55 PM, _theSCHOLAR_ said:

It only gets worse before it starts to get better ;)
keep your head up champ

The count goes upto 7. Also, I tried for 3 univs last year. They also said No. It means straight 10 rejections. 

6 hours ago, sgaw10 said:

You've got tons of great interviews! Surely everything will be fine :) It's their loss

2 hours ago, girlbui said:

I think the fact that UW knew some people are so smart they're not going to go there anyway so they don't bother wasting money flying them out.I can see that you got some interviews in very top schools 

Aww thanks guys. Y'all aren't bad yourselves :)))

14 hours ago, extramaniac said:

Just found out a 1st author abstract of mine was accepted to a conference. Anyone know the best way to update schools about this?

Congratulations! I might check the application website/completion email. Usually there is an email somewhere for updating materials.

Also: is anyone else going to Michigan next week?

5 minutes ago, vjysd said:

For those attending UPenn interview session next week, have you received a list of faculty you're interviewing with?

Not yet. I suspect we will get a list next week. I got my list for another school ~3 days before the interviews