Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering Applicant Profiles for 2019 Admission

Victorious Secret

8 minutes ago, girlbui said:

Honestly, I don't think anyone who didn't get an interview with UCSD will get an offer at all. I think you got it early because you're international? 

Wait, what? I'm confused. I'm a rejected American applicant

Applied to Columbia's MS Leading to PhD program. Does anyone perchance know whether those decisions come out later in March with the other MSE applicants or with the regular PhD apps?

Also, am a current undergrad in BE at Penn if anyone has questions about the department or campus. Not sure how well I can speak to the BE PhD program specifically, but I will have taken 5 grad courses (4 in BE, 1 in CBE) by the time I graduate but would be happy to help.

Edited by Sparkss

33 minutes ago, Sparkss said:

Applied to Columbia's MS Leading to PhD program. Does anyone perchance know whether those decisions come out later in March with the other MSE applicants or with the regular PhD apps?

Also, am a current undergrad in BE at Penn if anyone has questions about the department or campus. Not sure how well I can speak to the BE PhD program specifically, but I will have taken 5 grad courses (4 in BE, 1 in CBE) by the time I graduate but would be happy to help.

I also applied to Columbia's MS to PhD track. I'm not sure if the interviews Columbia sent out earlier this month were for this path or for those who already hold master's degrees, but my hopes are not high anymore :(

If you could tell Penn to send me an interview invite, that would be nice :P In all seriousness, Penn and Columbia are my top choices, so this month has been quite discouraging

Hello. 

I received an invite from Stanford. However, I live overseas and flying there would require a 4 h flight,3 h layover, and 11 h flight. I have the option to do a Skype interview instead. Would it affect my chances of being admitted if I choose the Skype interview?

Also, has anyone heard from UCSD, UCB, Georgia Tech?

5 hours ago, Sparkss said:

I applied ms leading to phd route. Came out with regular phd apps. Interview is feb 21ish

On 1/28/2019 at 11:42 AM, sgaw10 said:

I am not sure about the amount. I also applied, so I figured maybe that would be mentioned in the interview. Maybe I'll see you at a visit!

How'd your interview go? I'm going to the Feb 28 visit weekend.

47 minutes ago, Moods said:

Oh no, I am so sorry! The professor emailing why they didn’t call. Was this for UVA? 

Yeah, UVA. It's funny because we've been going back and forth about talking for, like, four days now. But I think we will chat tomorrow, so no biggie. I'm more concerned about my other schools at this point :(

9 hours ago, sgaw10 said:

Yeah, UVA. It's funny because we've been going back and forth about talking for, like, four days now. But I think we will chat tomorrow, so no biggie. I'm more concerned about my other schools at this point :(

I hope your talk tomorrow goes well!