Biomedical Engineering/Bioengineering Applicant Profiles for 2019 Admission

Victorious Secret

11 minutes ago, ruiruiruij said:

To anyone who receives JHU interview invitation, have you guys gotten confirmation regarding which interview weekend you are assigned to? They are supposed to tell us today, right?

Yeah, they haven't sent out the confirmation yet and it's supposed to come out today.

36 minutes ago, treeaway said:

I think it's early. If I'm being honest, as much as love their orthopaedic and imaging based research, the stories I've heard from the lab I work in about Stanford (sad students, restructuring - more of a rumor, idk how true it is) have definitely turned me off. So even if I got an invite, I'm not sure how much I would commit.

Hmm what have you heard exactly? You can pm me. I’m curious! 

39 minutes ago, treeaway said:

I think it's early. If I'm being honest, as much as love their orthopaedic and imaging based research, the stories I've heard from the lab I work in about Stanford (sad students, restructuring - more of a rumor, idk how true it is) have definitely turned me off. So even if I got an invite, I'm not sure how much I would commit.

yeah i'm pretty interested in this as well since i'm very interested in their imaging based research. feel free to PM me also.

Edited by extramaniac

1 minute ago, bmerunner said:

@ruiruiruij I haven't received anything. Also, they did say they were sending out emails if you were offered a research assistantship and I haven't gotten that yet. Have you?

I have not. Isn't RA and fellowship decision coming out after one is accepted?

Just now, ruiruiruij said:

I have not. Isn't RA and fellowship decision coming out after one is accepted?

They said they would send RA email by 1/25 that you were under consideration by a faculty. 

1 minute ago, ruiruiruij said:

Nice to know. The emails I got never mentioned this. 

It was only mentioned in the website that they sent us. I only saw it after reading through that site multiple times.

3 minutes ago, ruiruiruij said:

Last year they sent out one round on 1/24 and the other on 1/31, there's still hope!

Damn it's the same day for the first round. Will U Penn repeat itself? o.000

25 minutes ago, skyw said:

Did anyone receive an on-site interview with UW Seattle? 

I asked the admission office they said admission decisions are not being made until end of Jan- mid Feb? 

I don't know if I should lose hope or not

They do skype interviews, then invited those accepted for a recruitment visit

Do you guys know if UCSD sends more interview requests? It’s just so weird. A POI from there told me: “I believe decisions letters will go out shortly.” That was last weekend - it seems that they sent a lot of rejections around Feb 7 last year. *cries in Spanish*

13 hours ago, drfigue said:

Do you guys know if UCSD sends more interview requests? It’s just so weird. A POI from there told me: “I believe decisions letters will go out shortly.” That was last weekend - it seems that they sent a lot of rejections around Feb 7 last year. *cries in Spanish*

I don’t think so. I didn’t get an interview either 

17 minutes ago, girlbui said:

Yes. They sent out invitations a while ago

Bummer :(. Oh well. It’s kind of sad because I got a travel grant to visit UMich for a recruitment weekend with the College of Engineering in October, and thought I had a chance because of that. Darrrrnnnn. 

Edited by Moods

34 minutes ago, girlbui said:

Yes. They sent out invitations a while ago

17 minutes ago, Moods said:

Bummer :(. Oh well. It’s kind of sad because I got a travel grant to visit UMich for a recruitment weekend with the College of Engineering in October, and thought I had a chance because of that. Darrrrnnnn. 

either of you (or anyone else) heard anything from northwestern? i also applied there and I saw 2 interviews on the results page.

Edited by extramaniac