2019 App Cycle

I just made some calls. UPenn said they are trying to have decisions in by the end of January. GA State, UMass Lowell, and American should have decisions by the middle of February. 

Here is where I applied and my decisions so far. 

Applying: Temple, UMass Lowell, IUP, George Mason, GA State, American, UPenn

Accepted Waitlisted Rejected Attending 

Hi all! I got a call last night inviting me to UC irvine's interview weekend (AHH!!), does anyone know what to expect?? How many people do they invite to the weekend and how many do they accept after? 

On 1/15/2019 at 12:39 PM, Daniela_K said:

Hi!

I have the same doubt as Mighettio, I was invited to the UCI interview and would like to know what it entails and what the chances are of being selected.

Thanks!!

I haven’t been invited and had a feeling they’d start yesterday. UCI is my first choice and I know Dr. Reiter and Dr. Lynch so I’m hoping I’ll still be contacted.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:39 PM, Daniela_K said:

Hi!

I have the same doubt as Mighettio, I was invited to the UCI interview and would like to know what it entails and what the chances are of being selected.

Thanks!!

I spoke with Dave Halgreen there earlier -- UCI invited 30 people to attend the weekend and 28 have already confirmed. 

1 hour ago, lalet said:

I spoke with Dave Halgreen there earlier -- UCI invited 30 people to attend the weekend and 28 have already confirmed. 

Do you know if they only invited those 30? The status of my application is still only “Submitted” as they haven’t even looked at mine yet. Also is this for February 3 or 4th? Or is the combination of the two?

Edited by HighStrangeness

20 hours ago, HighStrangeness said:

Do you know if they only invited those 30? The status of my application is still only “Submitted” as they haven’t even looked at mine yet. Also is this for February 3 or 4th? Or is the combination of the two?

I'm not 100% positive, he said "we invited 30 and 28 have already confirmed." My understanding is that the visit is both the 3rd and 4th, verse two separate visit days, but maybe I'm wrong! I'd call dave halgreen, the graduate coordinator, and ask him for the status of your application. He made it very clear to me that they had not yet determined the admission status of anyone. 

1 hour ago, lalet said:

I'm not 100% positive, he said "we invited 30 and 28 have already confirmed." My understanding is that the visit is both the 3rd and 4th, verse two separate visit days, but maybe I'm wrong! I'd call dave halgreen, the graduate coordinator, and ask him for the status of your application. He made it very clear to me that they had not yet determined the admission status of anyone. 

I am not feeling extremely confident, I have been in email contact with Dave Halgren and he has to be vague with admissions, but he ended his email with “Try to have a nice weekend,” which sounds like I should be prepared for rejection. I emailed Dr. Lynch feeling that I may not get an interview. She said she wished she was on the Admissions committee to give me a slot, but she can’t. She said the program is EXTREMELY competitive at UCI this cycle. But she made it seem that if you didn’t get an interview you aren’t in.

Edited by HighStrangeness

6 hours ago, kjm9 said:

Northeastern’s decisions/interviews were sent out today, well at least mine was, I got accepted into the masters with a scholarship but rejected from the PhD ?

Congrats! Sorry for the PhD rejection but great program nonetheless to be accepted to! They're my top choice so now you have me glued to my email today XD

On 1/22/2019 at 2:41 AM, beautifuladrenaline said:

Northeastern’s decisions/interviews were sent out today, well at least mine was, I got accepted into the masters with a scholarship but rejected from the PhD ?

Yeah, I got rejected from their PhD program as well.