2019 App Cycle

2 hours ago, RipCityBaby said:

Good luck! I thought about applying there, its a good program! University of Toronto is a good program too but they rarely can fund international students - wish I had known prior to applying! I also applied to McGill sociology, as there is a professor there that does criminology and focuses on police-citizen encounters, which is a research area of interest to me and is a really good fit. I think I have at least a few more weeks before I hear back from them.

Waiting is the worst. You will feel better though once you get your first acceptance! 

U Ottawa: They are letting me send in my application late! They are so nice! Good luck on your side as well! Keep me updated on your schools! 

On 2/8/2019 at 1:49 PM, RipCityBaby said:

Good luck! I thought about applying there, its a good program! University of Toronto is a good program too but they rarely can fund international students - wish I had known prior to applying! I also applied to McGill sociology, as there is a professor there that does criminology and focuses on police-citizen encounters, which is a research area of interest to me and is a really good fit. I think I have at least a few more weeks before I hear back from them.

Waiting is the worst. You will feel better though once you get your first acceptance! 

It’s taking forever to hear back from my schools..good lord! 

On 2/10/2019 at 1:18 AM, beautifuladrenaline said:

Has anyone else heard back from Penn State? I noticed a couple acceptances on the results, but no rejections. Is this because they accepted their “top applicants” first or is it that all acceptances were sent out only a few reported?

I haven’t...I’ll check again today. 

On 1/10/2019 at 8:49 AM, aaustin said:

The waiting game . . . how is everyone distracting themselves? 

The waiting Fckin sucks...I feel like I’m never gonna find out lol. Still waiting to hear back from 9 schools ugh 

25 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

Has anyone else not heard back from all the programs they applied to? I feel like most people on this forum have heard from everyone and I'm getting a little frustrated. 

I'm still waiting to hear back from one program: University of Delaware.

1 hour ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

Has anyone else not heard back from all the programs they applied to? I feel like most people on this forum have heard from everyone and I'm getting a little frustrated. 

Still waiting to hear back...It’s annoying as hell! Waiting on 8 programs! 

2 minutes ago, BLM said:

Still waiting to hear back...It’s annoying as hell! Waiting on 8 programs! 

I emailed the programs & they don’t respond or will just say that my application is in review...like, how long do y’all need to make a decision??!! SMH! 

48 minutes ago, anxious_scholar said:

MSU, ASU, John Jay, Temple, and Rutgers. What about you?

You heard back from Temple? *sigh* I'm pretty sure I got rejected but I just want them to tell me I got rejected instead of all this waiting. I already got into another program that I'm probably going to accept their offer, but it would be nice to have other options other than paying $35,000 to go to Northeastern for a year. 

14 minutes ago, BLM said:

I emailed the programs & they don’t respond or will just say that my application is in review...like, how long do y’all need to make a decision??!! SMH! 

I haven't emailed any programs, but what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? 

51 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

I haven't emailed any programs, but what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? 

Still waiting on about 8 programs..They all say they are in review...Didn’t get into ASU, MSU, Albany so far...

I have a MA in Criminal Justice/ Cybercrime from BU. 

Edited by BLM ✊

5 minutes ago, BLM said:

Still waiting on about 8 programs..They all say they are in review...Didn’t get into ASU, MSU, Albany so far...

I have a MA in Criminal Justice/ Cybercrime from BU. 

I meant more along the lines of GPA, GRE, Publications, Author, Research Experience... What are the other 8 programs you applied to?

16 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

I meant more along the lines of GPA, GRE, Publications, Author, Research Experience... What are the other 8 programs you applied to?

Gotcha. GPA: 3.01

GRE: Verbal score was decent but math was low...due to my severe anxiety. 

Low GRE scores was the main reason why I didn’t get into MSU, ASU, Cincinnati & Albany. I straight up asked them! 

Research: Racism in the Criminal Justice system, Modern racism in the USA & cybercrime (Human trafficking).

Waiting on other schools:

UM, UCI, FSU, penn, RU, UCF, UL, FIU & UOttawa (Canada). 

Still waiting for GSU, Penn State, Cincy, UL, and Florida. I'm convinced I was rejected by Penn State and Cincy since others have gotten their acceptance letters. 

2 minutes ago, EV1764 said:

Still waiting for GSU, Penn State, Cincy, UL, and Florida. I'm convinced I was rejected by Penn State and Cincy since others have gotten their acceptance letters. 

I applied to penn & no response either. Didn’t get into Cincy either. I also applied to UL & FSU.