2019 App Cycle

2 minutes ago, BLM said:

Got an email saying end of Feb for Irvine. FSU not sure.

I didn't apply to FSU, so I'm unhelpful in regards to them. Although, I do know that Irvine sent out acceptances on Tuesday (about a week after the interview process). 

6 minutes ago, trashfire said:

I didn't apply to FSU, so I'm unhelpful in regards to them. Although, I do know that Irvine sent out acceptances on Tuesday (about a week after the interview process). 

I’m sure I didn’t get in...Just got rejected from UCF. No luck! 

I am now only officially waiting on one school, thank you Penn State for sending me a formal rejection instead of this “you’re just never going to hear from us again” b.s. You know I am really not that upset about this, it was a long shot, congrats if anyone else got in!

35 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

I am now only officially waiting on one school, thank you Penn State for sending me a formal rejection instead of this “you’re just never going to hear from us again” b.s. You know I am really not that upset about this, it was a long shot, congrats if anyone else got in!

Same

41 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

Have you heard back from Temple? Still waiting on them.

37 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

I emailed them asking for an update on my status and nothing yet. I am taking this as an implied rejection but they do have waitlists so don’t give up!!

The few people who have mentioned Temple acceptances got theirs in December like a week after the deadline is what I’ve found. They also turned them in well before the deadline. And I know of 2 acceptances

24 minutes ago, HighStrangeness said:

The few people who have mentioned Temple acceptances got theirs in December like a week after the deadline is what I’ve found. They also turned them in well before the deadline. And I know of 2 acceptances

I know, I talked to the graduate director Jamie Fader when I was at ASC in November and she said that if you didn't hear back you were waitlisted, she said that if you got in or got rejected you should've known on the 22nd. But clearly not all of us on the forum got waitlisted and I already know I got rejected because my GRE's weren't high enough and I what I want to study doesn't fit the program; however,  I would like that confirmation. I have been reading previous years forums and some people just never heard back from Temple at all which is really crappy because they should at least have the decency to say "Hey you were not qualified so we didn't accept you" instead of making us wait months and months to hear back. If they already made their final decisions in December why don't they reject us as well? It makes no sense to me to keep a bunch of people in limbo if half of us aren't even on the waitlist. 

36 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

I know, I talked to the graduate director Jamie Fader when I was at ASC in November and she said that if you didn't hear back you were waitlisted, she said that if you got in or got rejected you should've known on the 22nd. But clearly not all of us on the forum got waitlisted and I already know I got rejected because my GRE's weren't high enough and I what I want to study doesn't fit the program; however,  I would like that confirmation. I have been reading previous years forums and some people just never heard back from Temple at all which is really crappy because they should at least have the decency to say "Hey you were not qualified so we didn't accept you" instead of making us wait months and months to hear back. If they already made their final decisions in December why don't they reject us as well? It makes no sense to me to keep a bunch of people in limbo if half of us aren't even on the waitlist. 

I don't even understand what is going on with Temple. I sent in my complete application on October 9. I can't even tell you if I am rejected or waitlisted or what. You said that we should hear back by Feb 22 or did you mean Dec or Jan 22.

34 minutes ago, newyorkmets188 said:

I don't even understand what is going on with Temple. I sent in my complete application on October 9. I can't even tell you if I am rejected or waitlisted or what. You said that we should hear back by Feb 22 or did you mean Dec or Jan 22.

She said December 22nd and this was back in November. 

1 hour ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

She said December 22nd and this was back in November. 

I sent my application in like December 9th, and my letters were turned in the 15th. The deadline, it would be shitty of them to have decided on the 22nd or by then if all materials got in then.

4 minutes ago, HighStrangeness said:

I sent my application in like December 9th, and my letters were turned in the 15th. The deadline, it would be shitty of them to have decided on the 22nd or by then if all materials got in then.

Here is my honest opinion about this. I believe that they have already sent out their acceptances and that some of us are on a silent waitlist. But instead of sending rejections so people know who is on a waitlist or not, they are just being silent about it so that when they do send out acceptances (off a waitlist) or rejections that people just assume that they were never on a waitlist. From prior years it is looking like they DON'T send out rejections and they just ghost you. Which is completely unfair but I am not 100% if that is true, it's just what I have learned from looking back at old forums from like four years ago that many of the people who applied to Temple who were not accepted were like never contacted again, at least up until the thread ended which is usually around March. I tried to figure out if they send out acceptances after the December 22nd deadline and they do, but rarely and probably only to people who were pulled off the waitlist. But as for rejections go, I haven't seen a single person say that they were told that they were rejected from the program and maybe that is just how they do things. I have no idea.

9 minutes ago, newyorkmets188 said:

What the heck?

I am not trying to cause a panic I am sorry, I know they have a silent waitlist she told me that, there is still a huge chance that some of us are on the waitlist and we have to be patient. They said the decisions weren't coming out until mid-February right? Well, we still have a few more days to hear back from there I think we should all be patient. If it was like April 14th and you hadn't heard back then I would be incredibly worried but I think we all need patience. 

11 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

I am not trying to cause a panic I am sorry, I know they have a silent waitlist she told me that, there is still a huge chance that some of us are on the waitlist and we have to be patient. They said the decisions weren't coming out until mid-February right? Well, we still have a few more days to hear back from there I think we should all be patient. If it was like April 14th and you hadn't heard back then I would be incredibly worried but I think we all need patience. 

I have a friend who got her acceptance from Temple mid April

Just now, HighStrangeness said:

I have a friend who got her acceptance from Temple mid April

Seeeeee! I think we should all stay hopeful! If you are on a waitlist it takes a while because people actually have to reject their offers for a spot to open up and most don't do that until almost the deadline.

40 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

Seeeeee! I think we should all stay hopeful! If you are on a waitlist it takes a while because people actually have to reject their offers for a spot to open up and most don't do that until almost the deadline.

You did not cause panic! Don't worry. I think that they should tell us if we on are on a waitlist or not. 

38 minutes ago, newyorkmets188 said:

You did not cause panic! Don't worry. I think that they should tell us if we on are on a waitlist or not. 

I DEFINITELY agree with that statement. Unfortunately, some programs just don't. I was sooo so upset when I first found this website because I saw the Temple acceptances but I've been still holding out hope and I think we all should too! Until we hear that we are rejected we should still hope!!

9 minutes ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

I DEFINITELY agree with that statement. Unfortunately, some programs just don't. I was sooo so upset when I first found this website because I saw the Temple acceptances but I've been still holding out hope and I think we all should too! Until we hear that we are rejected we should still hope!!

Well, let's see if we hear back mid-Feb because that is tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, newyorkmets188 said:

Well, let's see if we hear back mid-Feb because that is tomorrow. 

Yeah, I doubt that we will hear back today since it's 5:30 in Philly, but the acceptances did go out on a Saturday so I think we can assume they will still send them out over the weekend. 

10 hours ago, beautifuladrenaline said:

I got rejected from Penn State as well. Got the email today.