Gender/Feminist Studies (Fall 2019)

On 1/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, stressedimposter said:

I have. The waiting is so stressful!

I have applied too ..waiting 

On 1/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, stressedimposter said:

I have. The waiting is so stressful!

So my portal status for York GWF studies changed to admitted but no email/notification has come my way with any information and it states basically everywhere they will contact me via email when a decision is made. Do I wait for a few days and see what happens or email them to ask about funding information?

Excited to get admitted though!

Hi all! Long time lurker— so no one has heard from Rutgers WGS yet (phd a/r)? I’m anxious to hear but didn’t get an interview request so not sure if im holding false hope!

Edited by 012345

19 minutes ago, 012345 said:

Hi all! Long time lurker— so no one has heard from Rutgers WGS yet (phd a/r)? I’m anxious to hear but didn’t get an interview request so not sure if im holding false hope!

Interviews and even waitlist details have been updated on the board. Someone on this forum has reported having got an admit into the MA program while they applied for the PhD. I haven't heard a peep and the portal resolutely says 'No decision'. But I am guessing it is a reject if I haven't heard anything till now! Sorry for giving you less than positive news.

I didn't get into ASU's phd program, only got an autogenerated response. :( Waiting to hear back from the department for feedback, but still hoping to hear postiively from UMass's Social Justice Education program! 

hey all, has anyone here applied to University of Washington, Feminist Studies? and if so, have you heard anything? i saw someone post that they were rejected on Monday. But I am still waiting for a response so i can be free! i interviewed with them on Feb 22nd. 

2 hours ago, cables said:

Toronto said they emailed phd offers out on march 1st. 

hey, did you email them to ask? i recently reached out because i have to make a decision about a different program, and was told that i would hear back late march/early april. so confusing, but maybe the grad admin just didn't tell me i didn't get in...my application online still says under review.

3 hours ago, hivemind said:

hey, did you email them to ask? i recently reached out because i have to make a decision about a different program, and was told that i would hear back late march/early april. so confusing, but maybe the grad admin just didn't tell me i didn't get in...my application online still says under review.

Yes I emailed them. they didnt say I was rejected, but that they sent offers out. so if people decline, they will start asking the rest of us. is how I understand it.

Has anyone heard back from Indiana University Bloomington’s Gender Studies program?? I saw someone on here got an offer in early Feb but I haven’t seen anything from anyone else and I haven’t heard from the program at all. Good luck, all! 

17 hours ago, ejkiel said:

Has anyone heard back from Indiana University Bloomington’s Gender Studies program?? I saw someone on here got an offer in early Feb but I haven’t seen anything from anyone else and I haven’t heard from the program at all. Good luck, all! 

I know one person who was accepted. They had their visiting weekend last week. 

On 3/11/2019 at 12:12 PM, cables said:

How are people doing? anyone else already thinking about how to improve their apps for next time? (haven't received the final rejection yet but I dont think its going anywhere) 

Yes! Definitely thinking about next time...thankfully I got into a funded MA program, but I’m seriously reconsidering whether I should apply to WGSS programs next time. Perhaps a traditional discipline might be a better choice in terms of getting accepted, funding, and placement.