Hey all,

I have received a copy of my official transcripts from my undergraduate university. I am applying to 10 PhD programs. Could I simply scan a copy of my transcript 10 times and send the schools those or must I send each school an actual transcript in the post? 

Thanks in advance

Email the graduate admissions secretary for each program and see what they require. Some programs will be okay with a scanned copy and then request an official mailed document if you are accepted. Other programs may require an official mailed document in your initial application, regardless of if you are accepted or not.

Yeah, I agree. Check with the graduate school and the program and ask what is wanted. Once you open your official transcripts, they technically not ‘official’ - which is annoying. Some schools are okay with a scanned copy and only want official once you receive an offer. It all really depends. But take the time to check ahead because I spent too much money and time sending official first and then asking for a scanned copy and then not waiting any received through the post. It’s annoying but start now and save yourself the hassle.