African American/Africana Studies Fall 2019

Klonoa

46 minutes ago, SpaceMaker said:

Yep it hurt a bit.. I got that and Harvard's rejection back to back.. It just sucks that Yale has all the people I really want to work with.

Same here! Yale's faculty was a huge draw. I'm considering reapplying for Fall 2020.

Ughhh this sucks I still haven’t received anything yet. I guess the combined program I applied for with African american studies didn’t complete their notifications yet which is why my app is held up smh

On 2/27/2019 at 12:04 PM, kp_87 said:

Finally received my rejection highly disappointed...that end my teaching dreams. I wish I would have known I wanted to go in this direction when I was younger I give up

Dont give up. Maybe another place or another field will work better for you in the future. I was just talking to my undergrad mentor about this.. yale in particular is an example of a school that has hoarded and stocked up on so many talented Black faculty that  many of us apply because we have so many people that we could work with and it creates a scarity in other places because of the limited number of Black faculty in other schools.