What hobbies do you have that you hope to continue in grad school?

placeinspace

Over the past 10 years, I've picked up triathlon as a hobby, but I expect I probably won't have time for that during school. I'm hoping to still have time to swim and run - they are my therapy.

I love yoga, and also writing poetry. I'm hoping to do more of both of those when I'm in grad school. 

I also recently discovered a passion for line dancing, so I'm definitely going to try and find a good line dancing community once I get to wherever I'm headed.

I started figure skating just about a year ago now and it's definitely helped keep me sane.  I also do a lot of netflix and knitting, which is nice because it's not weather dependent and I can do it any time.  I'm hoping to keep doing both in grad school, and my top choice actually has a figure skating club which would be fantastic.

most of my hobbies are things I can do anywhere -- reading, writing, baking, swimming, Netflix (not always in that order)

but there's an organisation I've volunteered with since I was 11 (23 now) that's really close to my heart, and I'm a little bit concerned because only one of the schools I applied to is close to a chapter, all the other ones are at least an hour's drive away, and I don't think I'd be able to balance that kind of time commitment with grad school, and I don't want to leave the organisation behind for five whole years.

I'm also hoping to adopt a cat, because my dad is allergic and none of my undergrad housing allowed for pets so I've never had the option before. 

• 5 weeks later...

I enjoy console gaming a lot, and I'm going to try and set up some sort of Dungeons and Dragons group wherever I go. I also dabble in some digital art and ricing (customizing user interfaces on phones and computers), and I'd love to stick with it because it's so much fun.

Just found found out Nintendo is remaking The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the Switch sooo I might have to give in an get a Switch. So yeah, hoping to still blow of steam with video games. Also, cooking, baking, binge watching a plethora of shows...

Related image