Yale MFA 2019

henryfive

21 hours ago, madgey said:

Yoooooo I have a Sculpture Interview on the 26th.  Anyone know what we're in for, or what the interviews are like?

I'm interviewing for sculpture on the 26th too! I I interview at 9:30am, maybe we could meet up after?  Anyone else have an interview on the 26th and want to get together? I really want to tour the facilities but I'm not sure if that's a possibility since the whole sculpture department will be occupied with interviews.

2 hours ago, yessi said:

I'm interviewing for sculpture on the 26th too! I I interview at 9:30am, maybe we could meet up after?  Anyone else have an interview on the 26th and want to get together? I really want to tour the facilities but I'm not sure if that's a possibility since the whole sculpture department will be occupied with interviews.

Sure!  Mine is at 10:50am.  I have to drive back to the NJ airport around 2pm but would love to hang around with someone until then :)

How’s everyone preparing for the interview next week? I have to admit I’m a little bit nervous as I’m still waiting for my portfolio that’s been shipped from Europe almost ten days ago..

On 2/14/2019 at 1:25 PM, yessi said:

On 2/14/2019 at 4:14 PM, madgey said:

Sure!  Mine is at 10:50am.  I have to drive back to the NJ airport around 2pm but would love to hang around with someone until then :)

How did it go guys?? What’s it like? ?so nervous for tomorrow! 

18 hours ago, biu said:

How did it go guys?? What’s it like? ?so nervous for tomorrow! 

Mine was honestly trash so maybe that is good news for you and others hahaha. The students were lovely tho, and however it goes they will be there to show you around and even do a therapy session if the presentation doesn't go as planned!

5 hours ago, yessi said:

Mine was honestly trash so maybe that is good news for you and others hahaha. The students were lovely tho, and however it goes they will be there to show you around and even do a therapy session if the presentation doesn't go as planned!

Uh my presentation was ok but the interview part was shit. They were asking crazy deep questions about my work and I was just blanking so hard...

gonna go drink now get drunk pretend this never happened. 

Hey guys! I'm usually active in the 'MFA 2019 freak out forum'. I saw this one and thought I'd chime in:

I just finished my interview with Yale. It went really well... and in my experience when interviews go really well, one usually doesn't get in. It was just really friendly, definitely not what I was expecting at all. I was prepared for it to go horribly wrong ? My SAIC interview went wrong and I ended up getting in there.

So for those who think it went wrong, I'm sure that's a really good sign ? Good luck to everyone!!

On 2/8/2019 at 6:26 AM, biu said:

Btw...did anybody apply to Columbia/heard anything from them?

I applied to Columbia also but haven’t heard anything ? it’s been a long time...

Edited by coorazy

4 hours ago, coorazy said:

I applied to Columbia also but haven’t heard anything ? it’s been a long time...

I have an interview with Columbia for New Genres on 3/12. I'm kind of not into the program tho considering the financial aid sucks and their studios are crumbling lol 

40 minutes ago, yessi said:

I have an interview with Columbia for New Genres on 3/12. I'm kind of not into the program tho considering the financial aid sucks and their studios are crumbling lol 

Yeah totally agree... I guess the only reason I was applying is because of NYC lol.. do you know If the interview is mandatory for us to enter the department tho?

1 hour ago, coorazy said:

Yeah totally agree... I guess the only reason I was applying is because of NYC lol.. do you know If the interview is mandatory for us to enter the department tho?

Not sure if all the different areas do interviews or not. My interview is via skype. Hope that helps 

17 hours ago, heydd said:

Hey! For those that went for sculpture, who interviewed you? I think my interview went so-so. It was hard to read them. 

On 2/28/2019 at 5:40 PM, artsixteen said:

Hey guys! I'm usually active in the 'MFA 2019 freak out forum'. I saw this one and thought I'd chime in:

I just finished my interview with Yale. It went really well... and in my experience when interviews go really well, one usually doesn't get in. It was just really friendly, definitely not what I was expecting at all. I was prepared for it to go horribly wrong ? My SAIC interview went wrong and I ended up getting in there.

So for those who think it went wrong, I'm sure that's a really good sign ? Good luck to everyone!!

17 hours ago, heydd said:

Hey! For those that went for sculpture, who interviewed you? I think my interview went so-so. It was hard to read them. 

Are we gonna get a call or email or should just keep checking the online portal thingy...? This is gonna be the worst week ever!

A question for those that thought their interviews didn't go well, may I ask what makes you feel that? Was it that the interviewers seemed antagonistic towards your work, or that they seemed checked out or disinterested, or that they posed questions that you didn't have the answers to? Conversely I felt like I prepared a litany of names of faculty I'd be excited to work with, contemporary artists I'm looking at, fiction and art theory I've been reading etc and we didn't really touch on any of that. It truly was just a conversation about my work. I applied for painting btw- so my physical work was hanging in the room.Thoughts?

Hi all! New to this forum! I'm a first time Yale applicant and had my interview this past week. I've been accepted to all my other schools and since one school is full tuition they're pushing me to make a decision by the 9th of March (yikes!!) so they can know if the funding should go to me or someone who will attend. 

My yale interview was on the 27th and I was just wondering in other people's Yale experience if they heard by the 9th and if I can bank on that? I know I'm cutting it close I just want to know since Yale in my first choice. Also they notify us through the online application portal correct? I'm totally freaking out so all logic is out the window and a friend who also applied previously is totally convinced they send out letters rather than update the portal. I'm pretty sure he's wrong but I gotta triple check ? I'm so nervous and this form has helped me a lot through the application freak out! 

22 minutes ago, brianna_1993 said:

Hi all! New to this forum! I'm a first time Yale applicant and had my interview this past week. I've been accepted to all my other schools and since one school is full tuition they're pushing me to make a decision by the 9th of March (yikes!!) so they can know if the funding should go to me or someone who will attend. 

My yale interview was on the 27th and I was just wondering in other people's Yale experience if they heard by the 9th and if I can bank on that? I know I'm cutting it close I just want to know since Yale in my first choice. Also they notify us through the online application portal correct? I'm totally freaking out so all logic is out the window and a friend who also applied previously is totally convinced they send out letters rather than update the portal. I'm pretty sure he's wrong but I gotta triple check ? I'm so nervous and this form has helped me a lot through the application freak out! 

Based on previous years we should find out on Friday which is March 8. They'll notify you in the same way as the interview notification (the portal).

I just about did everything to ensure I get a rejection from Yale again, oops! Should have not applied again!  Good luck everyone! 

Edited by Zander