American Studies Fall 2019??

Just now, youngblood79 said:

@stressedandconfused

Congrats! Were you notified today via email about the waitlist? Does it seem like they've notified other people about acceptances and waitlists? 

From what I can tell, they sent out an acceptance yesterday via email, and I got an email from the graduate director for the waitlist decision!

Just now, stressedandconfused said:

From what I can tell, they sent out an acceptance yesterday via email, and I got an email from the graduate director for the waitlist decision!

But it was a personalized email...no idea if they have sent out the rest of their decisions

1 hour ago, okcool96 said:

I think UMN have already made their decisions and are just waiting to send rejections - not entirely sure though. 

Yeah. That’s what I was thinking based on the previous years. Who knows. My POI at UMN shared that admission is really competitive this year especially. 

Edited by stressedandconfused

On 2/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, stressedandconfused said:

Yeah. That’s what I was thinking based on the previous years. Who knows. My POI at UMN shared that admission is really competitive this year especially. 

has anyone heard of anyone getting into UMN amst this year? i didn't see anything on the result thread and don't know if i should just be waiting for the rejection lol

18 hours ago, yikesyikesyikes said:

has anyone heard of anyone getting into UMN amst this year? i didn't see anything on the result thread and don't know if i should just be waiting for the rejection lol

Arg, really?! I had no idea that they were just about done with their decision making. I was hoping that no news was good news, but maybe not haha

4 hours ago, IBrakeForVanJohnson said:

Arg, really?! I had no idea that they were just about done with their decision making. I was hoping that no news was good news, but maybe not haha

Yikes! I just logged into my UMN portal and it says my admission is "decided" but their decision isn't posted yet. We'll probably hear back really soon.

3 minutes ago, stressedandconfused said:

Yikes! I just logged into my UMN portal and it says my admission is "decided" but their decision isn't posted yet. We'll probably hear back really soon.

Mine says this too - can't access any letter. I assume it's a reject

1 minute ago, IBrakeForVanJohnson said:

@okcool96 @stressedandconfused I was able to log into my application portal, hit the "continue" button to the left of "Application for Admission," and saw there was an update posted to my account, which was a very short rejection letter. Best of luck to y'all! 

rejected as well!

2 minutes ago, stressedandconfused said:

rejected as well!

Rejected! I must say, I'm really disappointed in how UMN handled this. From what I gather, they have known certain rejections for weeks. I know of two people who were interviewed and then rejected not long after. I don't understand how hard it is to keep applicants in the loop - especially when we pay a fee for the luxury of applying in the first place. Don't think I'll be applying here next year - I can understand the rejection itself and, although I'm disappointed, I'm not mad at them for that. I just feel the handling of the process was disrespectful ??‍♂️

Just now, okcool96 said:

Rejected! I must say, I'm really disappointed in how UMN handled this. From what I gather, they have known certain rejections for weeks. I know of two people who were interviewed and then rejected not long after. I don't understand how hard it is to keep applicants in the loop - especially when we pay a fee for the luxury of applying in the first place. Don't think I'll be applying here next year - I can understand the rejection itself and, although I'm disappointed, I'm not mad at them for that. I just feel the handling of the process was disrespectful ??‍♂️

wow! I didn't even realize that they did interviews...

UT Austin has the meanest way of handling this entire process, Minnesota is almost as bad. Both basically contact their picks early and then let everyone else hanging for a while (UT Austin took until April 15 last year even though it was already clear that those applicants were rejected)... Just for that hole way of handling things I do no longer care about these two programs. Appearently someone got into Kansas last week, but it seems that is not a school of interest for anyone else in this thread so far...

Don't want to be the angel of death but if you have not heard from them by now, it is rather likely you won't get good news....

Edited by CeeJay46

Just saw two posts about interviews for NYU AMST in the results -- is that anyone here? Also, does anyone have any insight as to whether interviews are standard for their process/conducted for certain applicants last year?

Has anyone at all heard from Texas though? If I saw some acceptances already I'd be sure I was out, but there doesn't seem to be word in either direction....

I got my first acceptance today (UIUC Institute of Communications Research!!) so I'm a lot less panicked, but still anxiously awaiting everywhere else...

1 hour ago, rx971 said:

Just saw two posts about interviews for NYU AMST in the results -- is that anyone here? Also, does anyone have any insight as to whether interviews are standard for their process/conducted for certain applicants last year?

Seems like it’s been a while since they’ve done them. Maybe the competition was more intense this time around. I don’t know that they would only interview some people and not others...?

3 hours ago, CeeJay46 said:

Don't want to be the angel of death but if you have not heard from them by now, it is rather likely you won't get good news....

Agree with @halcyonday, has anyone heard yet? It seems so unlikely that everyone in this thread (or GC in general) who applied there was rejected. At least someone would’ve gotten waitlisted, right? 

I do regret applying, they haven’t been very communicative.