American Studies Fall 2019??

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 7:22 PM, kp_87 said:

still trying to build up the motivation to apply again...i know for sure my biggest weak point on my apps was my gre scores..so i'm not sure if i should give that another try since i already took it 3 times and improved each time yet my score still sucked...any prep program recommendations are highed needed right now

Reaching out to say hello...

I did a round of PhD applications in 2015 and did not get accepted to all the three programs I applied to (not even waitlisted!). Cried for a week, picked myself up, and prepared for the next round of application (studied for the GRE, researched more PhD programs & professors, applied for external fellowships eligible for int'l student, etc). Tried again in 2016 and get accepted to 4 PhD programs out of 5. Currently attending ASE @ USC & now in my 2nd year. Years before that, I was rejected to the same scholarship program 3 years in a row to finally get it in the 4th year to do my MA!

If you didn't get into your dream program, don't give up! My lived experience (of rejections and failures) helps me grow as a scholar and a human being. It was hard, but I wouldn't do it any other way :)

Edited by Coffee Snob

• 3 months later...

Looking into Bowling Green State University for their Masters in American Culture Studies and/or Popular Culture. Does anyone know what people do with an MA in American Studies? Any thoughts are appreciated! - Jules